Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Fitness: Criticise my physique? 4 months at gym watch

ReputationRep:
    I agree with no point picking a weakness out just now. I think even a year of lifting might be too soon to worry about weaknesses. The definition of being a noob is pretty much that everything is your weakness. Just focus on getting bigger and so long as your routine isn't stupid then you're good for now.

ETA: you posted as I did and I changed my mind, your weakness is inability to use kg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BKS)
    I agree with no point picking a weakness out just now. I think even a year of lifting might be too soon to worry about weaknesses. The definition of being a noob is pretty much that everything is your weakness. Just focus on getting bigger and so long as your routine isn't stupid then you're good for now.

ETA: you posted as I did and I changed my mind, your weakness is inability to use kg
    Ahahaha, i like lbs:
    What are your lifts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schindlers list)
    Not the best in terms of developed 30 year old men

But
    1RM
    B - 200lbs
    S - 220lbs (never do squats)
    D - 265lbs
    These are 1RM, so this is the highest i can do if i push with all my entire strength

What about you , mate?
    been in the gym for 2 months since recovering from broken collar bone so im a bit weak haha

5RM
    B - 132lb
    S - 200lb (also dont like squatting, hate feeling like youve been squashed down, also have naturally big ass so dont want it to grow lol)
    D - 220lb

but yeah, nice lifts, especially the bench, keep doing the squats and deadlifts though, and maybe some pullups and overhead press

ReputationRep:
    Ahahaha, i like lbs:
    What are your lifts?
    Bench 107.5kg at 73kg
    Squatted 130kg a year ago, but not been training it since
    Deadlift is **** due to long term injury

lbs means nothing to me now cause gym weights are all in kg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_shabba)
    been in the gym for 2 months since recovering from broken collar bone so im a bit weak haha

5RM
    B - 132lb
    S - 200lb (also dont like squatting, hate feeling like youve been squashed down, also have naturally big ass so dont want it to grow lol)
    D - 220lb

but yeah, nice lifts, especially the bench, keep doing the squats and deadlifts though, and maybe some pullups and overhead press
    Yeah same i have big legs and ass
    Thanks
    How do you break your collar bone?
    And yeah i love overhead press for shoulder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BKS)
    Bench 107.5kg at 73kg
    Squatted 130kg a year ago, but not been training it since
    Deadlift is **** due to long term injury

lbs means nothing to me now cause gym weights are all in kg
    Wow strong bench
    For how many reps?

ReputationRep:
    Good work When I see people work hard and put the time in to get the results its great. All the best in your future endeavours as well.

ReputationRep:
    Well done man that's an amazing change in 4months! Keep up the good fight. Well done! :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same i have big legs and ass
    Thanks
    How do you break your collar bone?
    And yeah i love overhead press for shoulder
    playing rugby last december, unfortunately it didnt heal straight, so now its bent and i havnt tried playing again ended up spending most of this year getting fat until about mid-october, then dragged myself over to the gym whats your story?

ReputationRep:
    Wow strong bench
    For how many reps?
    1rep

I think the fun thing about training for strength is nothing ever seems that strong. Like I was really happy when I first benched 100kg but then I quickly set my sights on 120 and now 107.5 is pretty meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_shabba)
    playing rugby last december, unfortunately it didnt heal straight, so now its bent and i havnt tried playing again ended up spending most of this year getting fat until about mid-october, then dragged myself over to the gym whats your story?
    Well after i finished exams, i decided to go to gym to get a new shape for college at least. Ended up overweight, bulky and what not, 230lbs at 16 with muscle and lots of FAT (that 2nd pic is the day i started college) but thats ridiculous. Basically ate rubbish, for example, id make a protein shake, 3 scoops + 300g of oats + 2 banana + apple + kiwi + honey + whole milk!! Went on a keto diet on Nov 1 (still on it) and now im 195lbs and supringsly ive gotten built muscle on a deficit. People say you cant but that bullsh ite. Did a lot of work to work to lose 40lbs of weight. For people like me who stores fat around their ass and legs, thats where fat loss will come from. I think thatll apply to you.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it makes sense cutting before summer.
    How much do you weight now?
    And how much do you think youll have to lose when cutting
    I weigh 81kg atm, kinda put on a bit of fat due to poor dieting, so prob at 14/15% bf atm, aim is to get to 83/84kg, at 10% before summer.

ReputationRep:
    There's no picture, did you get rid of it?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.