Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What do you do when you get angry with someone? Watch

ReputationRep:
    And you're not allowed to hit or bang doors or break stuff or throw verbal abuse

Other than those what would you do?
    If seeking revenge, how?

ReputationRep:
    Sarcastic insults

ReputationRep:
    With the restrictions in place I'd just not talk to them. For revenge there's not one set way to go about it, you have to change your methods to suit the person and the situation.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore them for a while.

ReputationRep:
    Clear my mind, relax a bit and usually forgive them. It feels better to forgive someone than stay mad.

ReputationRep:
    Sell them to North Korea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustBeing)
    And you're not allowed to hit or bang doors or break stuff or throw verbal abuse

Other than those what would you do?
    If seeking revenge, how?
    It takes a lot to make me angry. If someone does, I immediately avoid them and just try and escape the emotion. No revenge for me

ReputationRep:
    I ignore them until I cant any more. I probably would need to talk to them again or they would have made me laugh...By then I would probably be over whatever happened anyway. if its someone I dislike or hate, I'll simply ignore them indefinitely...

OP, are you trying to seek out new ways to punish a particular someone? :-/

Too bawse for you, sir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidchilli)
    I ignore them until I cant any more. I probably would need to talk to them again or they would have made me laugh...By then I would probably be over whatever happened anyway. if its someone I dislike or hate, I'll simply ignore them indefinitely...

OP, are you trying to seek out new ways to punish a particular someone? :-/

Too bawse for you, sir.
    When someone makes me angry, namely my sister or parents, because i can't do any of the above i just go somewhere and cry, my anger turns into being upset because i have no control over the situation, i can't talk to them because when you're angry it's harder to be calm and collected and later on i can't be bothered, and also there's no point talking about it because it's over tiny little things that get on my nerves, the problem is when those tiny things pile ontop of bigger issues, one being exam revision and stress and so many more unrelated issues go off from that - and i hate that feeling when the anger boils up inside you but you contain yourself, then i'm like where do i go from here? It feels so horrible when someone has made you angry/upset and they don't care lol that sounds selfish - i guess that's just it though, nobody cares so i might as well suck it up, move on and focus on myself instead of other people's annoyances. Lol you answered my question with a question and i got an answer xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    It takes a lot to make me angry. If someone does, I immediately avoid them and just try and escape the emotion. No revenge for me
    How do you get the emotion out of you? does it just go away

ReputationRep:
    Depends why I'm angry at them, and how angry I am tbh

I'm not really the angry type though. Just sarcastic insults is enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    I take a few deep breaths and remove myself from the situation before I do or say anything stupid because I know that I'll probably be over it in the next half hour or so because I never usually stay angry for that long - depends what they did though

ReputationRep:
    Pretend I'm not angry then have an angry rant in my head for the next three weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustBeing)
    How do you get the emotion out of you? does it just go away
    Um.. I think it would depend on the situation. I think the distance would cause the emotion to fade a little, and then, depending on what made me angry, I'd probably approach the situation logically and talk to the person who caused me to feel that way. But maybe they did something that meant I'd want to cut them off completely. I very rarely experience anger- mainly frustration, which I experience quite alot- mainly just from little social things
    In those scenarios I distance myself and spend time alone, and because the scenario itsnt a big deal it goes away within no time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    I take a few deep breaths and remove myself from the situation before I do or say anything stupid because I know that I'll probably be over it in the next half hour or so because I never usually stay angry for that long - depends what they did though
    I really need to start doing this imstead of insulting the person (usually do this) lol

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.