The Student Room Group

A Levels good enough for UCL, LSE???

My school lets us do a minimum of 7 IGCSES. Didn't do any extra subjects and ended up with 7 A*, I am currently doing AS. Should I bother applying to UCL or LSE? Maybe Cambridge? Ahahah
Maybe not cambridge or ucl im afraid
Original post by schindlers list
Maybe not cambridge or ucl im afraid

Is this meant to be sarcastic?
Original post by German123
Is this meant to be sarcastic?

Yeah he's trolling
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Yeah he's trolling

It's sarcastic
Who the fcuk asks this question
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Yeah he's trolling

Thought so.
Reply 6
You guys im actually worried af lmao
everyone else applying seems to have like 10a*, what unis do u recommend i apply to? Obv im an international student and im kinda unsure about this whole admissions process idk
Reply 7
Why have you asked if your A-levels are good enough and then posted your GCSE results?
Reply 8
I made a mistake haha sorry about that, how do I change the title? This is my first thread
Original post by mariamfz
You guys im actually worried af lmao
everyone else applying seems to have like 10a*, what unis do u recommend i apply to? Obv im an international student and im kinda unsure about this whole admissions process idk

C in maths/english is minimum for gcse
Reply 10
Original post by schindlers list
C in maths/english is minimum for gcse

Ohh
Ohh

What did u get
Hey guys i got the best possible grade in all the GCSEs I did... Do I stand a chance? :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by anonwinner
Hey guys i got the best possible grade in all the GCSEs I did... Do I stand a chance? :frown:

Hahah :tongue: Just worried cause everyone else seems to have way more gcses/igcses so
Hahah :tongue: Just worried cause everyone else seems to have way more gcses/igcses so

Unis are aware of this. Some schools limit GCSEs to 9 but 7 is a bit too low. Your AS are the deciding factor, focus on those.
Stop worrying, you got 100% A*s and unis will be aware of this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Strange... I know Cambridge score your top 8 GCSEs, so I'm not sure how that will work for you. 7A* at GCSE is really not a great achievement (in the least harshest way possible) given that some people get 14A*. You should be okay as long as you smash your AS though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending