Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Brits say Farage gives the most moral leadership beating party leaders & Royal Family Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oll-finds.html

Brits said Nigel Farage gives the most moral leadership in the UK beating all party leaders, the entire Royal Family & the archbishop of Cantebury. So do you think he gives moral leadership, even if you persoanlly disagree with his view & policies do you think he does stand for something?

ReputationRep:
    Farage certainly stands for something. I don't think what he stands for is necessarily a good thing and I do not think that he has the best interests of the UK at heart.

ReputationRep:
    Normal hard working families whose finances have been knocked for six by Labour's incompetence and the Tories' austerity measures are going to make their feelings felt at the General Election by voting UKIP.
    I forgot to mention the open door policy on immigration begun by Labour and not ended by the Tories.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I suspect bad polling.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    He stands for his principles more than the other three leaders (not that i consider him especially moral, just principled) however I'd place the royals and religious leaders well ahead of him.

(Original post by the bear)
    Normal hard working families whose finances have been knocked for six by Labour's incompetence and the Tories' austerity measures are going to make their feelings felt at the General Election by voting UKIP.
    I forgot to mention the open door policy on immigration begun by Labour and not ended by the Tories.
    These people are useful idiots. They will be voting for a party who wants even deeper spending cuts than the Tories.

I support spending cuts so I won't mind that aspect of them but the people who hate austerity and vote for them are as idiotic as the people who dislike the Lib Dem tuition fees and so now plan to vote for the party that not only introduced them but even commissioned the report that recommended raising them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    Farage certainly stands for something. I don't think what he stands for is necessarily a good thing and I do not think that he has the best interests of the UK at heart.
    I think you've nailed it.

Whether right or wrong, whether agreeing with his politics or not, he seems to stand for something and stands up for it in a rather straight and honest manner.

It's shocking arrogance and ignorance on the part of the traditional parties if they can't fathom why the general public have lost all faith and confidence in them.

ReputationRep:
    Farage is awesome.
    It's about time someone came along who represented joe average stuck in the middle instead of the grasping scroungers at the bottom and those at the top with so much money that they don't have to care.

Come may, he'll certainly have my vote.

ReputationRep:
    It speaks to the sad state of politics that credit is given for having some principles. You'd think that standing for something would be a prerequisite for being a politician.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Farage is awesome.
    It's about time someone came along who represented joe average stuck in the middle instead of the grasping scroungers at the bottom and those at the top with so much money that they don't have to care.

That's the clever thing. A lot of people will say that they are Joe Average, in need of rescue from the political elite.

The guy on the dole is Joe Average. He is finding it hard to work because of all those immigrants who come here and take all the jobs. He knows people who might struggle to get council housing because of the immigrants and irresponsible school leavers who managed to get pregnant and jumped the queue. Instead of helping him, he sees the government spend money on things like the EU. He sees the Human Rights court protect hardened criminals and it makes him mad. When he goes to the dole office, he will hear other languages - which will be all the Romanians after benefit money. He misses not being able to smoke in his pub.

This guy is just Joe Average and Farage will help him.

Then there is Jo Average. She works in an office and always has done. She doesn't earn a lot, but has enough for the odd holiday - somewhere convenient like Spain usually. She knows she would have a lot more money if her taxes were not wasted on things like the guy on the dole and the EU. She remembers the time when the office Christmas party was renamed the "Years end party". She was told that this was because Christmas offends foreigners - she saw a similar story in the newspaper. Things like this and all the people on the dole annoy her.

This lady is just Jo Average and Farage will help her.

Joseph Average is a granddad. He remembers the days before health and safety was a thing. He has fond memories of conker battles and snowball fights - all of which have now been outlawed. His neighbour told him a story about how a teacher was imprisoned for allowing children out in the snow once. Joseph liked the days before all of this nonsense - which, as far as he is concerned, is just a way for lawyers to make money. His worries about his grandchildren who will never get a school place because Bulgaria stole them all.

Joseph remembers the sacrifices made during the war and imagines Churchill to be spinning in his grave.

This old man is just Joseph Average and Farage will help him.

The same goes for the small business owner, the medium business owner, the very wealthy man, the millionaire, the billionaire, the motoring enthusiast etc etc etc.

The trouble is, Farage cannot pretend to help these people forever. Sooner or later decisions will have to be made which will leave one, or more, of these groups behind.

ReputationRep:
    nigel farage is more popular than jesus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    This could be applied to most politicians at the moment. I will accept there are a minority who do have the interests of the nation at heart but I do believe Russell Brand when he said he feared becoming one of them. Honestly, what can one MP change by entering the system thats fixed in its ways? I bet there's so many politics students full of enthusiasm with their beliefs and views entering the fray only to have their dreams crushed when they realise the way things really work stops them from truly carrying through with them.

Farage's success is simple. He has identified the weaknesses of the other parties and he has played on them brilliantly. Whether he is right wing, centrist or left wing doesn't matter because you can be left wing and Eurosceptic or left wing and politically apathetic as well. What he's doing is bringing up the politically taboo subjects they didn't want to be brought up and he's resonating well with the people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ace123)

ah give it up you wrinkly old codgers Young people 'do not support Ukip'
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Farage is awesome.

Yeah, people in the middle like Bill Sykes (NW: £650,000,000) and Richard Desmond (NW: £950,000,000). Thank God there's finally someone to represent these downtrodden individuals.

All political parties represent the interests of their donors as much as their voters. With the half exception of Labour, which is partly funded by Unions as well as wealthy individuals, those interests are always those of the top 1% who can afford to make sizeable donations to political parties.

You can try and beat them, or you can try and join them. Those are basically your options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n00)
    how wrong you are:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...le-alternative

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You mean you're not a wrinkly old codger? :K:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n00)
    You mean you're not a wrinkly old codger? :K:
    :gangster:

bear™'s skin is as smooth as a freshly plucked nectarine. and twice as juicy.

ReputationRep:
    Normal hard working families want a flat tax?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n00)
    Except he polls 16% amongst a demographic he's done nothing to target. That's pretty solid numbers for a relatively new party that's on the wrong side of sensible for the youth vote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Normal hard working families want a flat tax?
    If it allows the abolition of NI, I don't see why not. It'd also involve, under the original, now sadly discarded plan, upping corporation tax and CGT to the same rate as income tax and scrapping VAT. There'd be one rate of tax and much less opportunity to avoid it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Farage is awesome.

He is proud of (allegedly, but still proud) fiddling his European parliament expenses. Says a lot about people's morality. I suspect Mr Farage has a lot more money than he cares to talk about. I also think that UKIP will ditch him fairly soon, if they keep getting stronger (the party is a lot stronger than Mr Farage's own ratings)...would you still vote for them in that case?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.