doodle97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone

I'm revising for my mocks and i've realised i could do with a bit of help on the theory of GAS (question 1b for the biological approach) could anyone explain what i need to include? I've also been looking for an A grade model answer, i found one but there was no evidence to link to the theory so i know it couldn't of really been full marks...

Any one with ay knowledge on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
alifleih
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
GAS consists of three steps:

1. Alarm. It means that you perceived the threat and your body starts its biological processes of stress chemicals and hormones release, specifically cortisol and epinephrine (or adrenaline, if you prefer).

2. Resistance. As implied, the name refers to the usage of the biological changes in the first stage in order to reduce or end the stress. At this stage your body is pretty much exposed to illnesses and even blood clotting.

3.Exhaustion. You're exhausted here. One does not feel good here; it's the opposite. It'd be very hard to sleep, you are weak and exposed to all diseases, and your immune system is useless. This could lead to an eventual death if prolonged.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (188)
43.52%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.34%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.64%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
21.06%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.65%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed