Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I'm revising for my mocks and i've realised i could do with a bit of help on the theory of GAS (question 1b for the biological approach) could anyone explain what i need to include? I've also been looking for an A grade model answer, i found one but there was no evidence to link to the theory so i know it couldn't of really been full marks...

Any one with ay knowledge on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    GAS consists of three steps:

1. Alarm. It means that you perceived the threat and your body starts its biological processes of stress chemicals and hormones release, specifically cortisol and epinephrine (or adrenaline, if you prefer).

2. Resistance. As implied, the name refers to the usage of the biological changes in the first stage in order to reduce or end the stress. At this stage your body is pretty much exposed to illnesses and even blood clotting.

3.Exhaustion. You're exhausted here. One does not feel good here; it's the opposite. It'd be very hard to sleep, you are weak and exposed to all diseases, and your immune system is useless. This could lead to an eventual death if prolonged.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.