Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Malia booked for july 2015, any tips/advice? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so me and a mate are both 19 and were going to Malia on our first holiday, we will be turning 20 so thought we would celebrate Malia style, I've been recommended by a few mates to go here and seen a few videos and photos and have to say looks ace!

Now this is our first holiday and we've booked July 23-30th, we've booked peak times for a pretty good price of £500 each, so main questions are A) best nightclubs, B) boy to girl ratio (easy to pull?) C) violence (is there much violence on nights out) and D) is 500 euros enough to take?

All advice, tips and tricks and best nightclubs etc all welcome! Also, is anyone else going these dates?

ReputationRep:
    Me and 3 other mates booked to go Malia 24th to 31st for a decent price of £440, we've never been before but mates have said it's really good there, what hotel you staying at? I'm sure 500 euros is enough, we were planning on like 350 each haha! My mate said Banana club or something like that is good!

ReputationRep:
    Me and 7 of my mates went last August, stayed at the Frixos hotel, was a decent enough base camp,bed, shower, pool and cheap scran what else do you need?

As for the nightlife, it was great, there's plenty of good deals around, 5 euros each will get you a shisha pipe, fishbowl, head****er and a shot of your choice at one of the bars, can't remember which one though. All of the excursions like the booze cruise and the paint party were fantastic as well. 500 euro should be enough.

Banana club was one of my favorites, along with Reflex.

As for pulling, there were definitely more poles than holes on the strip, but still plenty of girls around.

Violence wise there were definitely some rough areas at the very end of the strip near the beach that you would be best off avoiding at nighttime or when your smashed. Few fights broke out here and there but to be expected really.

All in all it's a great place for a party/pulling holiday, just stay away from any trouble.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.