Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Anyone else saving themselves for marriage? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Religious or not, anyone else saving themselves? I had this conversation with a friend recently and said there was a difference in intercourse and making love/having sex. You can get intimate with someone and not actually have full on intercourse. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, you're crazy. Live a little. There's plenty of happily married people who have enjoyed an extended period of sexual bliss in the run up..

ReputationRep:
    I had the same mindset a while back. But I just don't see a point to saving myself anymore.

Edit: I had more the "if I love her" view though, marriage doesn't mean a thing to me.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but I don't mind if the guy is not a virgin

ReputationRep:
    No way, although I do want it to be a meaningful thing...

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why you'd wait. Just because you aren't married doesn't mean you don't love the person. In fact many non- married couples are happier than those that are.

ReputationRep:
    I'm saving myself for the right person,don't want to do something and regret it for the rest of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protégé)
    I had the same mindset a while back. But I just don't see a point to saving myself anymore.

Edit: I had more the "if I love her" view though, marriage doesn't mean a thing to me.
    May I ask why?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm waiting. Why not? Why waste your time on people that you might not even marry..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murielle)
    I'm saving myself for the right person,don't want to do something and regret it for the rest of my life.
    I had this view...well more about 'saving myself til I was in love'. Then I lost my virginity to my current boyfriend and realised that it wasn't as big of a deal as I was making it out to be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German123)
    May I ask why?
    It's kind of complicated and hard to explain for me. I don't really find it to be logical to be honest. I just found it to be restricting for no reason. I screw a girl that I'm not going to marry, what about it? I've rid myself of self imposed rules based on emotion. I'm not going to always associate sex with emotion, because that's dangerous. I don't care much for sex so I'm not going to pursue it but if I get caught up in the moment I'm not going to stop myself.

ReputationRep:
    It's kind of complicated and hard to explain for me. I don't really find it to be logical to be honest. I just found it to be restricting for no reason. I screw a girl that I'm not going to marry, what about it? I've rid myself of self imposed rules based on emotion. I don't care much for sex so I'm not going to pursue it but if I get caught up in the moment I'm not going to stop myself.
    Cool.I guess people have different thoughts on this.

ReputationRep:
    trying not to but doing so well hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German123)
    Cool.I guess people have different thoughts on this.
    I would probably still feel bad after I do it so I'd rather not. I still haven't recovered from another girl and I feel guilty just thinking about another girl. Even just having a sexting partner makes me feel weird. She doesn't live in the UK so I haven't done anything with her but it still feels.. wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Used to be my plan but now I've kind of realised it limits the guys who would put up with it...

ReputationRep:
    No I know I won't be able to, so what is the point of making myself feel awful when I finally do lose my virginity before marriage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieC130)
    Used to be my plan but now I've kind of realised it limits the guys who would put up with it...
    Do what you want. Don't change to suit a potential partner's needs. I know that a lot of guys would be happy with that.

ReputationRep:
    I was, but I don't think I'll be able to hold out much longer Will probably lose it in uni.

ReputationRep:
    Yes saving myself, I think it's very meaningful.
    Its like we share something totally unique and sexy, no one else can have him but ME and vice versa... I don't feel the need to be 'wanted' or 'used' by a bunch of others for no reason other than 'Oh I Think he looks Hot'.

ReputationRep:
    I would probably still feel bad after I do it so I'd rather not. I still haven't recovered from another girl and I feel guilty just thinking about another girl. Even just having a sexting partner makes me feel weird. She doesn't live in the UK so I haven't done anything with her but it still feels.. wrong.
    If you don't mind me asking...how old are you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.