Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I want to know what to include, I have written it , with my experience as to why i want to be a counceller. but i don't know if its enough. or to personal?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephuni)
    I want to know what to include, I have written it , with my experience as to why i want to be a counceller. but i don't know if its enough. or to personal?
    Have a read of http://www.bacp.co.uk/student/tutor.php and http://university.which.co.uk/advice...ology-students

Your motivation for becoming a counsellor (note the spelling) shouldn't make up more than the introduction of your PS - if this is from personal experience then that is fine but you must demonstrate that beyond that you've researched into the course and profession and give examples that demonstrate your suitability for the course.

Try plugging your PS into the structure on the PS builder: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/per...ake_some_notes as you move through and redraft it should give you an idea if you're using too much space for the wrong sort of content.

ReputationRep:
    Thank yiu
    I got in!my first choice. And insurance choice.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephuni)
    Thank yiu
    I got in!my first choice. And insurance choice.
    That's brilliant news! Congratulations :party:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much. I would have got in two others but I withdrew as it was not in the area I wanted. One didn't ask me for an interview and accepted me just on my personal statement (bare in mind I don't even have gcses lol so it was a shock. And the second was just a telephone interview. Thanks alot. Funnily enough the lady who helps you with your statement. Wanted me to change alot. But I stuck to my guns and was true to myself.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2015
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.