The Student Room Group

Would short hair suit me?

(Warning: unchangeably large picture of my face ahead. Proceed with caution)

Hello!

In desperation for a change, I've been contemplating cutting my hair off and going for a shorter pixie cut. While I've had bobs before and liked them, I've never had my hair this short and am wondering whether it would work for me or not. I have (apparently) an oval face shape, and my hair is very thick and naturally straight.

I have a few reasons for wanting to go short - I have trichotillomania and therefore a lot of new hair growth, and going shorter would both make pulling more difficult and help my new hair to grow back in without it being obvious, as it is with my long hair where I have to slick it down every morning. Equally, I've damaged it rather a lot over the past 6 months or so dyeing it, and it would nice to get rid of some of that and get it to a healthier stage again. Also, I just feel like a change!

I'm also considering a potential colour change. Currently my hair is dyed blonde, and I tend to make it more of a lavender/pastel pink colour, though my natural hair colour is a very average, plain mousey blonde/brown. I was wondering if, with going shorter, going for a slightly (or significantly!) different hair colour might work better - something closer to my natural colour, or even a darker brown?

So, could I go that short? If so, what kind of styles should I go for, and would a colour change equally be good?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
a pixie cut would actually work so well for you because of your prominent cheekbones! Go for it :smile: Although I think you should keep it blond for now!
I think it'd suit you, and dark hair would make your eyes really pop. I do generally prefer longer hair on girls though.

Quick Reply

Latest