The Student Room Group

The Gift of Siblings

I know some of you may not agree with the title but even though we fight I really don't know where I would be without my sister. She's about three and half years younger than me.
She is funny
She is the most infuriating person on this earth.
I Know I am going to miss her when I go off to university.
What about you. Do you have siblings?. How are they?. Do you not? What is the experience like?
I have 4 siblings, it's pretty tough at times :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
We have a love hate relationship and he is by far the most annoying person I know but also very loving. You hate him but you love him, that's how it is pretty much.
I have a brother who's 11 years younger... It's a gift and a burden, and the only reason I can't bring myself to go away from home for uni. I will probably have to but I can't imagine myself not being there for him, I'm like his third parent in a way :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Changing Skies
I have 4 siblings, it's pretty tough at times :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really don't know if I could cope with four of my sister. But I have a feeling you love them
I have 5 brothers and 1 sister. The oldest is 14 and the youngest is 5 months. 2 of them (14 and 6 year old) have ADHD so they do get on my nerves a lot and my sister is 2 but I wouldn't change any of them for the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just started uni this year, missing my twin a lot as well as my younger siblings. My older sister is in her 3rd year so I've already adjusted not seeing her as much.

Siblings are awesome and I would hate to be the only child
So true. I have 5 sisters. 3 older ones and 2 younger. Oldest is 24,and the youngest is 9. They're the most precious things to me.
(edited 9 years ago)
I have 3 little sisters. The oldest I'm fine with, even if she's pretty ditzy and weak at times. The middle one I absolutely abhor sometimes and other times I'm fine with. She's a spoiled brat and thinks that the world revolves around her. The youngest one is about 4 and she's my favourite by far. I love her to bits, she's so cute and well behaved. She's fine with not going to the shops or going out everyday unlike my other sister and she's very content just playing quietly. Although she's very sensitive and cries pretty easily, that's her drawback.
I have a big half brother and a little sister.
I might go off to uni next year and I'm already worried about her. She's the funniest person I know. We've always had a love/HATE relationship and we don't hug or kiss :frown:
But she told my mum that she'd definitely miss me when I go and I totally didn't expect that so I'm just grateful for that :smile:
I have siblings and get what you are saying. My sister is alife saver when it comes to maths.
Reply 11
I have one biological sister and we haven't spoken in over a year. We've never been close but our relationship got a lot worse in the last couple of years. She treated me and my dad like crap as we were growing up and it was only when my dad met my step-mum that things got better because she didn't put up with her crap and put a stop to it. She's the most selfish, manipulative person I've ever known and I'm glad she's not in my life any more (she cut me off but she did me a favour). Through her behaviour she's made it impossible for me to love her and I don't miss her because I've been worlds happier since she left.

Thankfully I gained family when my dad remarried and I have a step-sister (who I call sis), brother-in-law and cousins and it's great. They're fantastic. So glad they're in my life.
Reply 12
Original post by Andaxay
I have one biological sister and we haven't spoken in over a year. We've never been close but our relationship got a lot worse in the last couple of years. She treated me and my dad like crap as we were growing up and it was only when my dad met my step-mum that things got better because she didn't put up with her crap and put a stop to it. She's the most selfish, manipulative person I've ever known and I'm glad she's not in my life any more (she cut me off but she did me a favour). Through her behaviour she's made it impossible for me to love her and I don't miss her because I've been worlds happier since she left.

Thankfully I gained family when my dad remarried and I have a step-sister (who I call sis), brother-in-law and cousins and it's great. They're fantastic. So glad they're in my life.

I am sorry about your sister but i am glad you found a new family.
Paying half and half is always good
I have 2 older brothers and I couldn't imagine life without them. They're like my best friends.

Quick Reply

Latest