Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    My audition is the 24th of January and im just wondering what to expect and if anyone has had theres yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses.

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I did an audition for songwriting back in may so my experience might be a little different, but for me it was a very colloquial audition. The had me play some songs that I had written (depending on what you've applied for it may be different) then they just had some questions about how often I have gigged and what success I've had and then there was a simple theory part. The just asked me to play basic scales (Major, Minor, Major and Minor Pentatonic) that kind of thing and then I had to play a rhythm written on a board. If you have any more question then please send me a message or something.

Luke

ReputationRep:
    Hey I just sent my UCAS off today! Finally! So nervous now waiting for my audition to come through any idea what the song list is this year? and good luck by the way, hopefully we'll be seeing each other next year!

ReputationRep:
    I did my vocals audition in Feburary last year so I doubt they have changed that much.
    There was a song we had to prepare from the list, I did at last by Etta James
    Then I sung twinkle twinkle about 4 times, if I remember right I did
    -Once normally
    -Once with her singing and me doing harmonies
    -Once with me singing and her trying to put me off with harmonies
    -Once with me singing as if it was my own song
    She also asked me to do some scales (I have never studied theory before but she played them to me and I sang them back)
    Then we had a chat about the music I liked, if I played any other instruments, what I planned to do after (if you don't know I just said teaching) and what my interests were outside of music.
    TO be honest it was a really simple audition and I really felt like they tested my musical ability rather than my ability to sing one song.
    Good luck! Feel free to message me if you have any questions

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I've got an audition at the end of this month for Professional Musicianship in vocals. I have to perform a song which I've already started to prepare however I am a bit worried about the interview. I have been out of the industry for a while and I was just wondering what kind of theoretical questions they ask? I do know my basic terminology, but if anyone could give me any tips that would be great.
    Apart from any personal questions and why I would want to study at BIMM, what kind of questions do they also ask?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anamelia)
    Hey,
    I've got an audition at the end of this month for Professional Musicianship in vocals. I have to perform a song which I've already started to prepare however I am a bit worried about the interview. I have been out of the industry for a while and I was just wondering what kind of theoretical questions they ask? I do know my basic terminology, but if anyone could give me any tips that would be great.
    Apart from any personal questions and why I would want to study at BIMM, what kind of questions do they also ask?
    Thanks
    I have absolutely no knowledge about theory and I was very honest about that and she was completely fine about it. All I will say is think about you want to do after the course even if you just make it up, it just sounds good to them. After my interview I got told I was recommended for the course which basically means you're in but they can't say yet, they might have changed it since I did mine last year but good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,I've been hooked on BIMM since my first encounter with one of the representative people at UCAS convention; I had no idea about it before anyways i'm really that worried I haven't got much material to go of. Like you I sing, I started doing covers on YouTube but got nervous and didn't have the balls to carry on so i stopped however i'm think of uploading on soundcloud instead,(less frighting for a start). What exactly is required for the audition? Do I need to make a portfolio?
    (Original post by izzyct)
    I did my vocals audition in Feburary last year so I doubt they have changed that much.
    There was a song we had to prepare from the list, I did at last by Etta James
    Then I sung twinkle twinkle about 4 times, if I remember right I did
    -Once normally
    -Once with her singing and me doing harmonies
    -Once with me singing and her trying to put me off with harmonies
    -Once with me singing as if it was my own song
    She also asked me to do some scales (I have never studied theory before but she played them to me and I sang them back)
    Then we had a chat about the music I liked, if I played any other instruments, what I planned to do after (if you don't know I just said teaching) and what my interests were outside of music.
    TO be honest it was a really simple audition and I really felt like they tested my musical ability rather than my ability to sing one song.
    Good luck! Feel free to message me if you have any questions

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.