Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Is it Possible to Die From Fear in Your Dream? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday I had this very scary dream. I woke up with strong heartbeat.

Actually I read that it not only could happen, but if so, this would be the most horrific death you can experience. Wow...

In the dream I had moved to a new home. Outside the home, there was a forest. I was sitting outside with someone. And I start to hear roar sounds. We stay there and suddenly I see a brown bear comming to get us still roaring, very scary. We started running towards the house to get inside and suddenly I woke up. My heart was beating extremely fast and I felt great relief that this was just a dream. Have you ever had such a dream?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicole_92)
    Yesterday I had this very scary dream. I woke up with strong heartbeat.

Actually I read that it not only could happen, but if so, this would be the most horrific death you can experience. Wow...

In the dream I had moved to a new home. Outside the home, there was a forest. I was sitting outside with someone. And I start to hear roar sounds. We stay there and suddenly I see a brown bear comming to get us still roaring, very scary. We started running towards the house to get inside and suddenly I woke up. My heart was beating extremely fast and I felt great relief that this was just a dream. Have you ever had such a dream?
    I suppose in theory it could be possible, I think it's possible (although incredibly rare) to die of fright when you're awake so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible when you're asleep. But seriously, this is not something you should be worried about. Nightmares are normal and it's not at all surprising that your heart is beating quickly. Nightmares are your brain's way of preparing for possible situations in real life so your body would react in a similar way. Unless you've got heart issues, you should be more than capable of coping with the adrenalin from that kind of a dream and I'd have thought that you'd wake up before anything serious would happen.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.