Gagan_245
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
A-Level Biology help! Should I apply for it?
I would like to do A-Level Biology and one of the school which I'm applying to requires grade BB is Core Science and Additional Science. For Core Science I got a Grade C and have not yet done my Additional Science GCSE.

Say if I got a grade A/B in additional science then could I still apply for A-Level Biology? Would that grade allow me to take ALevel Biology even though I got a C grade in core science?

How is the final grade calculated?
I know it comes in AA,BB,CC but would my grade C and supposedly higher grade allow me to get an overall grade of BB?

THANKS for help
greentron6
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gagan_245)
I would like to do A-Level Biology and one of the school which I'm applying to requires grade BB is Core Science and Additional Science. For Core Science I got a Grade C and have not yet done my Additional Science GCSE.

Say if I got a grade A/B in additional science then could I still apply for A-Level Biology? Would that grade allow me to take ALevel Biology even though I got a C grade in core science?

I know it comes in AA,BB,CC but would my grade C and supposedly higher grade allow me to get an overall grade of BB?

THANKS for help

Unfortunately, the final grade is calculated separately as Core Science and Additional Science are two separate GCSE's. So therefore if you got an A in Additional Science, it will be calculated as AC as supposed to BB. Sometimes, the college/ sixth form's grade requirements are informal therefore there is a possibility you could compromise with them. Alternatively, if you are really determined to study A level Biology, Ask the school if you could resit Core Science for the 2015 Exam. This could be extremely helpful. Good luck.
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gagan_245)

THANKS for help
You should contact the school directly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (23)
13.86%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (46)
27.71%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (68)
40.96%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (24)
14.46%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed