Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I havent posted in months!!! been so busy over the summer holidays and now i'm at uni doing physio .

I recently applied for the CSP Student Membership, costing £120 for the 3yrs, has anyone else applied? or got any experiences they could share about the pro's and con's of the membership?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, we were all given the forms to fill out for student membership at herts, but we didnt have to pay £120 for it. Where do you study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kazoola)
    Yeh, we were all given the forms to fill out for student membership at herts, but we didnt have to pay £120 for it. Where do you study?
    i'm doing the standard 3year course at the university of bradford. hmmmm...how come you didnt have to pay and we did?

ReputationRep:
    can anyone enlighten me as to what csp membership actually is , or am I being blonde as usual?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    can anyone enlighten me as to what csp membership actually is , or am I being blonde as usual?
    Ours was free too (St Georges). I think it depends on your university as to wether you have to pay or not............................I wonder if you do have to apy, wether you could claim it back form the bursary people (if you get one) cos you can claim for uniforms and stuff too.........

basically, I'd say get the membership. If you get in trouble on placement the CSP will eb there to support. Without membership you won't get the frontline magazine sent to you, you'll have no voting rights and generally you'll have no idea whats going on with your own profession

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackieS)
    Ours was free too (St Georges). I think it depends on your university as to wether you have to pay or not............................I wonder if you do have to apy, wether you could claim it back form the bursary people (if you get one) cos you can claim for uniforms and stuff too.........

basically, I'd say get the membership. If you get in trouble on placement the CSP will eb there to support. Without membership you won't get the frontline magazine sent to you, you'll have no voting rights and generally you'll have no idea whats going on with your own profession
    sorry, i forget to mention, it is only from this year september 2006 they have started charging, previously it was free.

JackieS and Kazoola, did you start physio before 2006?

Annie72 these links maybe useful:
    http://www.csp.org.uk/director/group...vestudents.cfm
    http://www.interactivecsp.org.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shoiab)
    sorry, i forget to mention, it is only from this year september 2006 they have started charging, previously it was free.

JackieS and Kazoola, did you start physio before 2006?

Annie72 these links maybe useful:
    http://www.csp.org.uk/director/group...vestudents.cfm
    http://www.interactivecsp.org.uk/
    yup I started in 2005....................don't know if this years 1st years at Georges have had to pay

ReputationRep:
    Teesside students get their membership paid for by the University. When I mentioned to one of the lecturers that some unis make their students pay, she was shocked.

Frankly, I think any uni that does make their students pay is definitely taking the p*ss! We are already on a pittance and to take around 8% of our miserly bursary is just sheer greed, when you take into account the fact that the uni is raking in £3000 for each of us per year in tuition fees from the Dept of Health.

ReputationRep:
    My University pays for the membership as well.

I thought by having the membership you are covered incase anything happens while you are on placement.

But what do i know.....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

No there making us pay now jackie!! thought that everone had to pay?:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynn)
    No there making us pay now jackie!! thought that everone had to pay?:mad:
    it must be a new thing - we never paid

ReputationRep:
    it must be a new thing - we never paid
    yea i was told that by my mum!!lol think they are trying to get it so its 40 pounds a year instead of the one off payment which would stop detering student, because at the moment me and alot of the people on the course still havent paid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynn)
    yea i was told that by my mum!!lol think they are trying to get it so its 40 pounds a year instead of the one off payment which would stop detering student, because at the moment me and alot of the people on the course still havent paid.
    120 quid is loads of money! Can't beklieve its so pricey. Is it 120 for the whole degree then? or per year?

ReputationRep:
    At UWE us first years have to pay but the 2nd and 3rd years don't. Apparently it changed this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfers)
    At UWE us first years have to pay but the 2nd and 3rd years don't. Apparently it changed this year.
    ye, i was shocked at first when JackieS, kazoola and jinglepupskye said there uni's pay the fee. But yeah, its been introduced for the 2006 students and the £120 for the 3yrs of the degree

ReputationRep:
    120 quid is loads of money! Can't beklieve its so pricey. Is it 120 for the whole degree then? or per year?
    Yea 120 for the whole three years but still!! my physio mum just laughed at me!!, who is your daughter or son then jackie?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynn)
    Yea 120 for the whole three years but still!! my physio mum just laughed at me!!, who is your daughter or son then jackie?!!
    LOL My daughter is Andrea (Irish girl brown hair) but for the life of me I can't remember her surname so I haven't been able to email her to find out how she's getting on! Who's your mum/dad? At the mums and dads ngiht were you wearing a real madrid shirt?

ReputationRep:
    LOL My daughter is Andrea (Irish girl brown hair) but for the life of me I can't remember her surname so I haven't been able to email her to find out how she's getting on! Who's your mum/dad? At the mums and dads ngiht were you wearing a real madrid shirt?
    I know andrea!! she is at the grove so il get her email for you!!my mum is 'rugby' jo!do you know her? think she is a 2nd year rep with claire. sorry i cant remember what i was wearing because the first couple of weeks were a bit of a blur!! How is the placement going? nearing the end now?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynn)
    I know andrea!! she is at the grove so il get her email for you!!my mum is 'rugby' jo!do you know her? think she is a 2nd year rep with claire. sorry i cant remember what i was wearing because the first couple of weeks were a bit of a blur!! How is the placement going? nearing the end now?!
    Oh yeah I know Rugby Jo! She's lovely I don't think it was you in the real madrid shirt then cos I didn't see that person talking to Jo lol

Placement is good - we finsih on Thurs and then back to the grind of work and lectures lol!

Andrea emailed me so thanks I've emailed her back to. I'm sure Jo will be a very helpful mum but if you have any other questions you can mail me anytime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shoiab)
    ye, i was shocked at first when JackieS, kazoola and jinglepupskye said there uni's pay the fee. But yeah, its been introduced for the 2006 students and the £120 for the 3yrs of the degree
    i just filled in a form i was given and got sent a groovy membership card, nothingelse yet though, guess i can use thier website, but havent yet! Had it since jan!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 3, 2006

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.