Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

So Confused About This Guy Watch

So, I have been mates with this guy for about 7 months now and we talk nearly every night. We got super close and we have such a good friendship. However last week he told me about this girl he met and talks to a lot and I think they talk a lot more than me and him do. Then the other night things get all awkward and I don't know how we came to it but he told me a few weeks ago he was tempted to ask me out. I noticed in his explanation of this he used past tense suggesting all his feelings were gone. Anyway the thing I want to know is this. The time between our texts used to be a minute or two but now he doesn't reply for like an hour. Is this because of the other girl or could our phones just be ****ed up? Does this mean he dooesnt want to talk to me anymore because he has found someone better and by doing this is it his was of loosing our friendship? Or am I just looking into this to much.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Tricky one this, although talking to him about this whole thing could help.

It could be that he liked you to begin with, but felt that the feelings wouldn't be reciprocated and so when another came along, he moved onto to her. I mean, if he asked you out at that time, would you have declined?

In regards to your questions, again it's hard to figure out as I could say my view, but he might have a story that is a complete 180 to my view. I Reckon that this new girl has some form of influence on him now and his feelings for her has cause this girl to be priority number one. So you and the others that he chat to are probably in second place. But an hour between texts isn't a massive amount of time either, life could be hectic and requiring him to have a lot of attention being put towards it. Furthermore, the fact he's still chatting to you more or less implies that he still values you somewhat as perhaps a friend as it still fairly frequent.

Maybe try talking to him and seeing where you stand. It might give you the definitive answer that you need even if it may not be what you want

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.