The Student Room Group

Travelling Alone

Hi everyone

I'd like to take a gap year between finishing my a levels and starting uni and I was hoping someone would be able to answer a few questions I have..

It's a while away yet but I have my heart set on the idea and I'd like to find out as soon as possible whether it's achievable

First of all, has anyone had any experience with RealGap? They do a full gap year which caught my eye and before committing to it I was wondering if someone knew what they're like...

Also, what about travelling alone? If I go with a company like RealGap I would be with a group for some of it but then on my own for the remainder. Do you think it would be better if I had a friend with me? I've mentioned it to one who is keen, but I'm not sure her parents will let her go through with it...

I'd be interested to hear about any of your gap year/travel experiences, whether you've been there and done it or or thinking about it and planning it so please comment on the thread :smile:

Thanks for any responses- they're really appreciated!
Original post by It'sTheArtLife
Hi everyone

I'd like to take a gap year between finishing my a levels and starting uni and I was hoping someone would be able to answer a few questions I have..

It's a while away yet but I have my heart set on the idea and I'd like to find out as soon as possible whether it's achievable

First of all, has anyone had any experience with RealGap? They do a full gap year which caught my eye and before committing to it I was wondering if someone knew what they're like...

Also, what about travelling alone? If I go with a company like RealGap I would be with a group for some of it but then on my own for the remainder. Do you think it would be better if I had a friend with me? I've mentioned it to one who is keen, but I'm not sure her parents will let her go through with it...

I'd be interested to hear about any of your gap year/travel experiences, whether you've been there and done it or or thinking about it and planning it so please comment on the thread :smile:

Thanks for any responses- they're really appreciated!
well why not find someone on here

Quick Reply

Latest