Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Confused about my feelings Watch

So there's this guy who I started talking to over Facebook, mainly banter stemming from both our boredom in a lecture. We chatted more and I got to like him because he kind of seemed like the first guy who understood my weird, mean sense of humour, having the same sort. Eventually, after meeting a couple of times briefly after lectures, we decided to meet properly. Unfortunately this is where it all went a bit wrong; I don't know what it was but in person I just- I'm not sure how to describe it- something felt wrong. It wasn't his looks; he's decent looking. Maybe we lacked chemistry, I don't know. Suddenly I was just less keen on.chatting to him. One of my friends said that he hadn't lived up to my expectations. I didn't realise I'd had any.

A bit of background; I'm an 18 year old student, pretty awkward, poor communication skills, never had boyfriend and had very few guy friends. So as you can imagine, any feelings I do have I have no ****ing idea how to interpret. But I digress- my friend advised that I keep him as a friend, dropping hints that I only like him as a friend, as flirting with him would only serve to string him along (that is if he does like me; I'm not even sure of this). But weirdly, I felt a reluctance to do this. But given that I've always been single I get the feeling that reluctance comes from me never getting attention from guys. So it really comes down to two issues-
    1. I don't know how I actually feel about him.
    2. Whether any unsure feelings are premature and I should try to pursue one of the few chances I get.
    Please give any advice you can and maybe don't judge; I just have no clue what I'm doing.

Bump.

ReputationRep:
    Coming from a 21 year old who's only ever dated 2 girls (One for 2 years and the other broke up due to uni), I have always known from the off if I'm going to seriously like someone to the point of a relationship, there are people I've liked a bit but I knew when I spent more time with them it was a no brainer because we didn't fully click. Spend time with them, if you don't fully click then don't pursue it and treat them as you'd treat any other friend. If feelings grow from then on, then deal with it then. Don't pursue the first guy that shows interest as unless you are 100% certain it will never work. That's just from my experience anyway. Hope it helps! :P

ReputationRep:
    try hanging out with him a bit as friends, if you find out you like him, do more. Trust me, if you ask him, he will accept

Bump (not that the advice so far is unhelpful but I could use a couple more outlooks...).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.