Losing weight

Watch
Sapphiresmith
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am chubby and have been so for a while, but I don't really lose weight! I don't eat much my diet consists of warm milk in the morning, then a can of lemonade or coke, and then nothing until dinner - and my dinner is normally a sandwich or pizza left in the fridge. I may also eat the occasional snack but that tends to be a chocolate bar or biscuits. I do 30 minutes of exercise a day yet I still can't seem to lose the pounds and was wondering if anyone had any advice???

:confused::confused::confused:
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1200 cals a day
1 hour's brisk walk 5-7 times a week

Bob's your uncle.

Speaking from experience, it works.
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Stolen from myself in an old post in an old thread:

Reduce the amount of calories you're consuming. Exercise a little more if you want, although this isn't really necessary. Get adequate sleep. Drink enough water to make your urine turn a light yellow colour, or even clear. Have a lot of fiber. Prepare for a plateau. Whatever you do, don't go near a fad diet. Buy a scale. Set a goal for yourself. A 1-2lb loss per week is what's generally recommended, so base your goal on that.
TSR's fitness section
TSR FAQ 1
TSR FAQ 2 (for girls)
Reddit FAQ
Reddit diet details
Why starvation mode is bs... Another one on that
I can't remember why this article is interesting, but it's on my sig on a different forum. Too long for me to read now. I saved it as "just an interesting article" so it must be interesting for one reason or another!

I think that's it for now. :borat:
Sapphiresmith
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
thanks!
TorpidPhil
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Try avoiding eating so much Junk food i.e. fizzy drinks, chocolate, biscuits, crisps. Having a can of soda a day is really unnecessary and you'de be surprised how influential it is in the long run.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (686)
33.88%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (861)
42.52%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (387)
19.11%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed