Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am chubby and have been so for a while, but I don't really lose weight! I don't eat much my diet consists of warm milk in the morning, then a can of lemonade or coke, and then nothing until dinner - and my dinner is normally a sandwich or pizza left in the fridge. I may also eat the occasional snack but that tends to be a chocolate bar or biscuits. I do 30 minutes of exercise a day yet I still can't seem to lose the pounds and was wondering if anyone had any advice???

:confused::confused::confused:
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    1200 cals a day
    1 hour's brisk walk 5-7 times a week

Bob's your uncle.

Speaking from experience, it works.

ReputationRep:
    Stolen from myself in an old post in an old thread:

Reduce the amount of calories you're consuming. Exercise a little more if you want, although this isn't really necessary. Get adequate sleep. Drink enough water to make your urine turn a light yellow colour, or even clear. Have a lot of fiber. Prepare for a plateau. Whatever you do, don't go near a fad diet. Buy a scale. Set a goal for yourself. A 1-2lb loss per week is what's generally recommended, so base your goal on that.
    TSR's fitness section
    TSR FAQ 1
    TSR FAQ 2 (for girls)
    Reddit FAQ
    Reddit diet details
    Why starvation mode is bs... Another one on that
    I can't remember why this article is interesting, but it's on my sig on a different forum. Too long for me to read now. I saved it as "just an interesting article" so it must be interesting for one reason or another!

I think that's it for now. :borat:

ReputationRep:
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Try avoiding eating so much Junk food i.e. fizzy drinks, chocolate, biscuits, crisps. Having a can of soda a day is really unnecessary and you'de be surprised how influential it is in the long run.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.