Turn on thread page Beta

I think some people need to be more open minded, NOT everyone wants to go out with someone who has been with alot of people. I for one haven't slept with many girls out of choice so that i can meet someone similiar when the time comes because it's what i want. Why should the OP get cussed for something he wants? Some people don't want to date people that smoke etc it doesn't mean he is better as a person just wants different things.

lol you have issues....be happy and worry when you break up..

(Original post by Anonymous)
    lol you have issues....be happy and worry when you break up..
    how can you be happy in the knowledge your future wife has slept around. Surely breaking up would meke you a lot happier. It certainly has me.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    how can you be happy in the knowledge your future wife has slept around. Surely breaking up would meke you a lot happier. It certainly has me.
    Oh for crying out loud does it matter if for example your wife slept with a few people before they met you geeeeez if they truely love you now where's the bloody problem.

ReputationRep:
    "In fact, the more sex a guy gets in my experience raises his standards for his eventual bride, and that includes a good sexual past"

- this goes for girls too. Or wait, 16th centuary views are that all girlies have to be virgins, right?

I suggest you look up EQUAL RIGHTS. This means attitudes towards men and womens sexual habbits ought to be viewed in the same way. You are a hypocrit, a sexist mysoginistic chauvenist.

ReputationRep:
    I'd dump her if she's slept with more than 1 other guy. Might make an exception if it's 2 but anything more than 2 means she's a sl**!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by rugdollap)
    I'd dump her if she's slept with more than 1 other guy. Might make an exception if it's 2 but anything more than 2 means she's a sl**!

What a load of crap, so is it ok for a guy to sleep with more than two girls then?

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with being a sexist mysoginistic chauvenist? There is no such thing as absolute equal rights. We just happen to force this delusion of absolute equal right on people by law. Political correctness be screwed.

For most guys I know the limit is four. Any more than that and I think a girl's got to accept that the pool of men willing to offer their hand in marriage is very slim. It therefore seems incredibly wierd that girls should do such a thing when they know they are all but damning their future happiness.

ReputationRep:
    What's with all the bloody double standards?! You're trying to say that it's alright for a guy to sleep around but not a girl!

You cannot judge a person from their past alone, that's not fair.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by tinkerbellejess)
    What's with all the bloody double standards?! You're trying to say that it's alright for a guy to sleep around but not a girl!

You cannot judge a person from their past alone, that's not fair.
    I think he just wants to sleep around with any girl thats young, fresh and still a virgin, guys like that make me sick.

Most men don't give a damn who they sleep with. But the girl they will marry- the one who will bear their children and who they will have to support financially- needs to at least have some honor about her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl1982)
    I think he just wants to sleep around with any girl thats young, fresh and still a virgin, guys like that make me sick.

:ditto:
    Virgins of the world...keep away from people like the OP... :P

ReputationRep:
    Most men don't give a damn who they sleep with. But the girl they will marry- the one who will bear their children and who they will have to support financially- needs to at least have some honor about her.
    Even if he has no honour himself? Classy..

Girls just don't get it. I'm not the guy sleeping around here. I don't do that for religious reasons. I do, however, have to exist in a world in which a man's honor is unaffected (if not enhanced) by his sexual record and a girl's is diminished to the point where if a man does go out with a girl who's been about, his standing decreses correspondingly.

ReputationRep:
    Girls just don't get it. I'm not the guy sleeping around here. I don't do that for religious reasons. I do, however, have to exist in a world in which a man's honor is unaffected (if not enhanced) by his sexual record and a girl's is diminished to the point where if a man does go out with a girl who's been about, his standing decreses correspondingly.
    ********. You do know that it is just you that thinks like that, don't you?

Personally I'm glad you dumped her. You didn't deserve her anyway. And *seriously*, drop the anon you coward.

ReputationRep:
    Spoke to some friends and they were wonderfully supportive of my decision to end it. The girls at my college I spoke to politely asked if it was really a reason to break up over, but most agreed with my best female friend that it was "quite cute he doesn't want to settle for that kind of girl".
    Can you even hear how bad that last phrase sounds? "He doesn't want to settle for that kind of girl." Cue dainty cough and flicking of feather boa over one's shoulder and you're back in JaneAustenland. Complete and utter snobbery, and just remove the "s".

I feel for your ex-girlfriend. She deserves so, so, so much better.

ReputationRep:
    He knows he'd get neg rep if he dropped the anon...

ReputationRep:
    He would. I'd be the first to neg. All you others can get in line!!

You sounds extremely young and naive. Good luck trying to find a woman who hasn't slept with more than four people by the time you want to get married.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.