Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to find any information about it, and if there is already info on the forum about it I apologise.

So I'm looking into joining the Royal Air Force when I'm older, or as a candidate through Welbeck DSFC and curiosity struck me when I was reading about a 'Sixth Form Sponsorship', and I'd just like to know what exactly it is.

Thanks in advance, please no pedants!

ReputationRep:
    It's a scholarship for yr 13.

It's also rarer than rocking horse poo. There's info about it on the RAF careers site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    It's a scholarship for yr 13.

It's also rarer than rocking horse poo. There's info about it on the RAF careers site.
    There's not a lot of info on the careers site, which is why I posted it here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatpremguy)
    There's not a lot of info on the careers site, which is why I posted it here.
    Well what more do you want to know? It has changed a bit in recent years, I believe, and is only to certain branches (pilot and engineer, iirc). It used to be worth £1000, though I think that's changed.
    You have to go to OASC, undertake the tests, and if successful you'll have to be a member of your nearest Air cadets sqn and go on a two week training course with them.

Beyond that, go to your nearest AFCO or ring the careers line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Well what more do you want to know? It has changed a bit in recent years, I believe, and is only to certain branches (pilot and engineer, iirc). It used to be worth £1000, though I think that's changed.
    You have to go to OASC, undertake the tests, and if successful you'll have to be a member of your nearest Air cadets sqn and go on a two week training course with them.

Beyond that, go to your nearest AFCO or ring the careers line.
    Cheers anyways!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.