Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

When is the best moment to start looking for accommodation for next year ? I saw many people who started looking already, but isn't it a bit too early ?

Also, is anyone alone or in a small group looking for more people to join and search for a house ? I am currently just myself and my girlfriend, so we would like to find at least another two people to join us. We're both very clean and quiet and nice to live with

ReputationRep:
    I think you are bit late. The best time to start looking for accommodation is late november/early december because it is when most private accommodation and student houses are available.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon now is the best time to do it. People get so worked up about looking for accommodation but in Manchester there's so many student houses. I don't see the point of looking in November/December as you don't even really know your flatmates yet!

I actually found mine a week before freshers this year! I'm with my friends, in a nice house in a good location and we got it discounted. Admittedly I wouldn't do it again, but leaving it until now is totally fine.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.