Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Biology Chemistry Physics AQA GCSE exam revision Watch

ReputationRep:
    For Biology Chemistry and Physics GCSE does the CGP revision books have all the information needed to get full marks in the paper? And if anyone has any tips for the exam that would be very helpful!

ReputationRep:
    It has pretty much everything. I got full mark's in one bio exam and an average of 80-90% for all my science exams (except physics, I was never that good). CGP the two nights before was all the revision I ever did and I survived.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lhk_011)
    For Biology Chemistry and Physics GCSE does the CGP revision books have all the information needed to get full marks in the paper? And if anyone has any tips for the exam that would be very helpful!
    I recommend them Plus the apps if you want to spend a bit extra money
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

CGP revision guides are really good, I'd recommend :yep: But I'd also recommend to have something from the AQA exam board too though, so you can refer back to it

ReputationRep:
    Would definitely recommend the CGP books - helped me loads last year. Thankfully my year had mygcsescience, can't describe how useful he was. From my understanding, he's only put the unit 1 vids for free

You've gotta revise loads for science. Do loads of past papers too - that should help enormously

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    I am doing all three at GCSE as well. For all three my school sold the revision guides and workbooks so i have them as well.

I would advise you to read the CGP guide, re-read it then summarise the page so you have the key info and highlight the things you struggle. Then work on the workbook - by doing so i mean answering the questions and re-doing the ones you aren't confident at! This will hopefully allow you to absorb the information you need to know - i'm a visual learner so i prefer colour, diagrams and mindmaps. Re-writing things will help you to memories key facts (especially science i have found).

I am in year 10 but have GCSE mocks in about 6 weeks. I started revising before the holidays (but that's just me!). You may prefer to revise closer towards the week so you remember more. I was apprehensive about mocks and whether to revise for them or not but with advice and guidance I was told it is vital you revise effectively because mocks are the foundation to your actual exams. Plus when it comes to GCSE exams in 2016 you will have some knowledge of what to expect!

Hope i've helped

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.