The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm greek cypriot (i can feel the rivalry already lol). But im technically not, I was born there to white british parents. People never really believe that I was born there.

And I think it's suprising how many people are stereotyped as "p*****" i think we all know what word I mean, but i'll get bummed for saying it. The majority of cypriots would get called the above, when they're blates not!
SavvySaviour
I'm Turkish (Cypriot).

I go to the Caribbean:

"You lazy white boy, you!"

I come back:

"Nigger".

What's the point in defining people by race, if people don't even know what races are? I just can't win can I :rolleyes:

My Dad is white British, my Mum is a Chinese/Japanese mix. I look foreign everywhere except Italy. It doesn't really bother me; in 20 generations everyone will look like us from interbreeding :biggrin:.
Reply 3
I'm greek cypriot (i can feel the rivalry already lol). But im technically not, I was born there to white british parents. People never really believe that I was born there.

And I think it's suprising how many people are stereotyped as "p*****" i think we all know what word I mean, but i'll get bummed for saying it. The majority of cypriots would get called the above, when they're blates not!

That's another one I hear alot (P****). Great area I live in.. I love my life
Reply 4
My Dad is white British, my Mum is a Chinese/Japanese mix. I look foreign everywhere except Italy. It doesn't really bother me; in 20 generations everyone will look like us from interbreeding

But for now anyone who doesn't specifically look like they're from anywhere are freaks. Or so it seems.
Reply 5
SavvySaviour
I'm Turkish (Cypriot).

I go to the Caribbean:

"You lazy white boy, you!"

I come back:

"Nigger".

What's the point in defining people by race, if people don't even know what races are? I just can't win can I :rolleyes:
Unfortunately there will always be people who discriminate against anyone who looks different.
Whether it's the pigment in your skin, your weight or your attire.
Reply 6
Im Portuguese and when I first moved here, my skin was a lot darker so I put up with lots of nasty comments from other kids.. Now my skin has gotten lighter over the years, I wish it was darker especially because people my age now comment on how lovely my complexion is :rolleyes:
whats the p word?
Reply 8
paintbrush
Weird world, isn't it? In Japan, which is probably one of the most racist countries in Asia, commends the Indian people in their country (which are usually dark skinned) because of their talent. But other South East Asians in Japan i.e. Filipinos etc, are being marginalised.

Latest

Trending

Trending