Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Do I confess to cheating Watch

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would leave this as water under the bridge and focus on the future. Quite young to settle down, mind.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't tell him, not saying that it is right at all but if you two want to spend the rest of your lives together then you don't need to start things off on bad terms.

Make sure it doesn't happen again and be happy with your partner. God knows why people cheat, its disgusting and it absolutely crushes the other person.

IF there is a next time, break up with him/divorce him first.

ReputationRep:
    Only god can forgive you now... and he made some randomer pregnant just by wishing it.

So you probably need to watch out ..

ReputationRep:
    If you cheated on him more than once even if that was 2 years ago means that your relationship might not be that good. Its better if you tell him now at least its possible for him to make a choice but later on he might feel pressurized. Its better to be honest but its your choice at the end of the day it your relationship not mine or anyone else's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Mistakes happen and it is possible to truly repent and learn from them.
    I fully agree. I'm not one of the people who says they'd never forgive cheating (though I wouldn't forgive lying about it), but plenty of people are, and that's their right and they should have the choice to not be with a person who cheats.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't, you are a slut

#nooffenceintendedjustpopularpoi ntofviewwhichhappenstobeminealso

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell him, most likely he will never forgive you and break with you. Also it happened two years ago and if you haven't done it since it means something changed in you. I wouldn't tell him...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    If you don't, you are a slut

#nooffenceintendedjustpopularpoi ntofviewwhichhappenstobeminealso
    Wow, where did that come from? How judgmental that is...

ReputationRep:
    All successful marriages are based on lies anyway..

If you tell him.. He has two choices: he either forgives you (very risky), or he dumps you cheating ass.. if there's like no chance of him finding out then why risk the former..

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say anything if the relationship is otherwise smooth and you feel as though you wont let it happen again. Ignorance is bliss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    I wouldn't say anything if the relationship is otherwise smooth and you feel as though you wont let it happen again. Ignorance is bliss.
    That's very debatable, and some might say immoral (myself included).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Although when I first came to university I cheated on him 3 times and had a short affair with someone on my hall at the time. I've always kept it secrect and now I really do regret it and don't know why I did it
    Ah a relationship built on lies and deception- you really shouldn't be getting married. I'd bet a fair sum that within 5 years of marriage you'll have cheated on him and you'll either keep lying or end up getting divorced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vlad_Tepes)
    Wow, where did that come from? How judgmental that is...
    Well she did cheat on him but of course it would be different if she was honest, so she should tell him and see what happens. She may have been used by a rouge in which case he should not blame her but find the rouge and sort him out (I would)http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/imag...ies/battle.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Mistakes happen and it is possible to truly repent and learn from them.
    And that has nothing to do with the fact he still deserves to know

ReputationRep:
    The amount of people saying they would keep it a secret makes me lose faith in humanity. No wonder most successful people are greedy, lying *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meduza)
    And that has nothing to do with the fact he still deserves to know
    What the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve over.

ReputationRep:
    The amount of people saying they would keep it a secret makes me lose faith in humanity. No wonder most successful people are greedy, lying *******s.
    Ah but I have no doubt that if they were the ones being cheated on they'd want to know. Encouraging OP to continue with manifest dishonesty is effectively saying it's ok to base a relationship on lies. In a strong and content relationship you wouldn't cheat, and certainly wouldn't then hide said fact for so long. What a terrible foundation for a marriage :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenkinsear)
    Ah but I have no doubt that if they were the ones being cheated on they'd want to know. Encouraging OP to continue with manifest dishonesty is effectively saying it's ok to base a relationship on lies. In a strong and content relationship you wouldn't cheat, and certainly wouldn't then hide said fact for so long. What a terrible foundation for a marriage :rolleyes:
    I know... so he's handsome and nice and all that yet she cheated on him 3 times and had a short affair the moment she got through the university doors... I don't even know...and you're right of course - if she was cheated on she'd probably go all ape as cheaters tend to be hypocrites most of the time

ReputationRep:
    I know... so he's handsome and nice and all that yet she cheated on him 3 times and had a short affair the moment she got through the university doors... I don't even know...and you're right of course - if she was cheated on she'd probably go all ape as cheaters tend to be hypocrites most of the time
    I was curious whether the "short affair" label was a convenient method of reducing the number of times she cheated so it looked less bad. It's probably far more than 3 if we're honest- as you rightly say, surprising given he's so handsome and nice...

I did actually know someone at school who was absolutely infamous for cheating on boyfriends constantly and being incredibly manipulative about it. Heard a month ago on the grapevine that she'd ended up married and was apparently "heartbroken" and "betrayed" when her husband cheated on her and was filing for divorce! My initial response on hearing that was #hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenkinsear)
    I was curious whether the "short affair" label was a convenient method of reducing the number of times she cheated so it looked less bad. It's probably far more than 3 if we're honest- as you rightly say, surprising given he's so handsome and nice...

I did actually know someone at school who was absolutely infamous for cheating on boyfriends constantly and being incredibly manipulative about it. Heard a month ago on the grapevine that she'd ended up married and was apparently "heartbroken" and "betrayed" when her husband cheated on her and was filing for divorce! My initial response on hearing that was #hypocrite.
    A little different cheating when you're a kid than when you've committed
    your life to someone...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.