Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sent my ucas form of 3 weeks ago, and I realised that there are actually colleges at Durham that would suit me much better than Grey. I want to switch to either Collingwood or St Aidens. Is this possible/ anyone have any experience with switching colleges?
    Im worried that it might be too late as im startin gettin offers now, and if i got one from durham id be gutted if i couldnt go to the college i wanted.

ReputationRep:
    My only suggestion would be to call Durham in the near future and make your request. I expect it's not uncommon, wanting to change colleges.

ReputationRep:
    I think doing that would be a sure way to piss them off...

ReputationRep:
    im not so sure now. i think ur application will have been sent to grey's .. and then a reversal would be a little heavy on the admin and admission tutors. I also thought about changing, but now I think I'l stick with St Mary's

ReputationRep:
    what if i waited to see if i got an offer, then tried to change if I got one? Or are offers college based ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogueTrader)
    what if i waited to see if i got an offer, then tried to change if I got one? Or are offers college based ?
    Once you get an offer it will most definitely be impossible to change. You are first accepted by the faculty, then by a college. Once you are accepted by a college I really doubt they'd let you change due to student numbers and college-subject allocations...

ReputationRep:
    so im guessin it would be best to sort this out asap i.e. tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Email Durham and ask. You won't be the first person to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Email Durham and ask. You won't be the first person to
    i agree. after all, the worst they can say is :: no you can't change. so you got nothing to lose. if they say you can, do it. if not, unlucky. but worth a go.

ReputationRep:
    Yer change to St. Aidans

ReputationRep:
    lol sorry. I just e-mailed the economics admission officer ,kathryn cowton, and basically said that I originally narrowed college choices down to 3, and chose one that after further consideration I feel isnt right for me and said I regretted having not applied to Collingwood. So basically I asked if my application may be considered as one to Collingwood rather than Grey. We'll see what happens...

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.