Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying in IB, I have a predicted 35 with 666 (or AAA) in my highers.
    I'm applying for marketing and so far I applied to:
    -Lancaster
    -Bath
    -Edinburgh
    -Manchester
    I'm struggling with choosing my 5th uni and basically I have 2 options:
    1.choose a safety school like Strathclyde or
    2.choose Leeds/Durnham/Surrey/smth else.

Any advice on what I should do or thoughts about any of the mentioned unis? or maybe recommend another uni?

ReputationRep:
    why are you applying so late?

ReputationRep:
    That is up to you to decide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meduza)
    why are you applying so late?
    well i decided my first 2 school 2 weeks ago, 2 now, and I left 1 just in case, and the deadline is Jan 15, does it matter when I apply?

ReputationRep:
    My friend applied for marketing and she told me leeds marketing course was very different from the rest of the unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tizyo)
    well i decided my first 2 school 2 weeks ago, 2 now, and I left 1 just in case, and the deadline is Jan 15, does it matter when I apply?
    What subject are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    your fifth choice should ideally be a safety choice at least 2 grades lower than your predicted grades in case of rejections and you not meeting your grades. I would look at kent Liverpool Essex and keele to see if you like one of those

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    What subject are you applying for?
    Marketing

ReputationRep:
    Put an ABB uni like Leicester or Loughborough down, but probably not Loughborough because it's horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tizyo)
    no it doesn't hahaha it's just people with straight As tend to always do it early. I'd say choose a good uni for your 5th choice as you can always go through clearing if you don't receive any offers or don't make your entry requirement for some reason

ReputationRep:
    Depends. Would you be happy going to Strathclyde? If the answer is no, don't put it down. AAA should be good enough definitely for Leeds/Surrey, especially if you have a good personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meduza)
    no it doesn't hahaha it's just people with straight As tend to always do it early. I'd say choose a good uni for your 5th choice as you can always go through clearing if you don't receive any offers or don't make your entry requirement for some reason
    wait, it's not A*A*A*, it's AAA, or is it considered good too? AND what is clearing? never heard of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimonoMyHouse)
    Depends. Would you be happy going to Strathclyde? If the answer is no, don't put it down. AAA should be good enough definitely for Leeds/Surrey, especially if you have a good personal statement.
    Are there any other good marketing unis that you might know? I am just very undecided about which uni it should be if it's not a safety one.

ReputationRep:
    Try Staffordshire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissLalaxx)
    Try Staffordshire
    naah, I would like to get into at least the top 7 marketing uni, or go to strathclyde as my safety (but prob not)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tizyo)
    wait, it's not A*A*A*, it's AAA, or is it considered good too? AND what is clearing? never heard of it
    if you don't get your grades n get rejected you can apply to unis that require the lower grades that you got - it's opposite of adjustment where you can reapply if you got higher than what you were predicted

ReputationRep:
    Aston, Loughborough, Greenwich - there are lots of Unis to apply to.
    Ideas here : http://www.whatuni.com/

MAKE SURE you have an obvious Insurance choice - ie. a Uni asking for way lower grades than the one you are likely to Firm, and one that you would still be happy to go to.
    Advice here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...urance_choices

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.