The Student Room Group

Which uni should I choose for my last 5th slot?

I'm studying in IB, I have a predicted 35 with 666 (or AAA) in my highers.
I'm applying for marketing and so far I applied to:
-Lancaster
-Bath
-Edinburgh
-Manchester
I'm struggling with choosing my 5th uni and basically I have 2 options:
1.choose a safety school like Strathclyde or
2.choose Leeds/Durnham/Surrey/smth else.

Any advice on what I should do or thoughts about any of the mentioned unis? or maybe recommend another uni?
Reply 1
why are you applying so late?
That is up to you to decide.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Meduza
why are you applying so late?

well i decided my first 2 school 2 weeks ago, 2 now, and I left 1 just in case, and the deadline is Jan 15, does it matter when I apply?
Reply 4
My friend applied for marketing and she told me leeds marketing course was very different from the rest of the unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tizyo
well i decided my first 2 school 2 weeks ago, 2 now, and I left 1 just in case, and the deadline is Jan 15, does it matter when I apply?

What subject are you applying for?
your fifth choice should ideally be a safety choice at least 2 grades lower than your predicted grades in case of rejections and you not meeting your grades. I would look at kent Liverpool Essex and keele to see if you like one of those
Reply 7
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
What subject are you applying for?

Marketing
Reply 8
Put an ABB uni like Leicester or Loughborough down, but probably not Loughborough because it's horrible
Reply 9
Original post by tizyo

no it doesn't hahaha it's just people with straight As tend to always do it early. I'd say choose a good uni for your 5th choice as you can always go through clearing if you don't receive any offers or don't make your entry requirement for some reason:smile:
Depends. Would you be happy going to Strathclyde? If the answer is no, don't put it down. AAA should be good enough definitely for Leeds/Surrey, especially if you have a good personal statement.
Reply 11
Original post by Meduza
no it doesn't hahaha it's just people with straight As tend to always do it early. I'd say choose a good uni for your 5th choice as you can always go through clearing if you don't receive any offers or don't make your entry requirement for some reason:smile:

wait, it's not A*A*A*, it's AAA, or is it considered good too? AND what is clearing? never heard of it :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Original post by KimonoMyHouse
Depends. Would you be happy going to Strathclyde? If the answer is no, don't put it down. AAA should be good enough definitely for Leeds/Surrey, especially if you have a good personal statement.

Are there any other good marketing unis that you might know? I am just very undecided about which uni it should be if it's not a safety one.
Try Staffordshire :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by MissLalaxx
Try Staffordshire :smile:

naah, I would like to get into at least the top 7 marketing uni, or go to strathclyde as my safety (but prob not)
Reply 15
Original post by tizyo
wait, it's not A*A*A*, it's AAA, or is it considered good too? AND what is clearing? never heard of it :s-smilie:

if you don't get your grades n get rejected you can apply to unis that require the lower grades that you got - it's opposite of adjustment where you can reapply if you got higher than what you were predicted :smile:
Aston, Loughborough, Greenwich - there are lots of Unis to apply to.
Ideas here : http://www.whatuni.com/

MAKE SURE you have an obvious Insurance choice - ie. a Uni asking for way lower grades than the one you are likely to Firm, and one that you would still be happy to go to.
Advice here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Firm_and_insurance_choices

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending