The Student Room Group

AEA Prep Thread - 25th June 2015 (Edexcel)

Anyone needing help or general chit chat about the AEa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Extended solutions and discussions of the questions are available here:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/statistics/courses/aea/

These are written by a member of the University of Warwick Maths Department. The language and notation used is therefore not always what is familiar to A level students.

They were written to help those applicants who are taking AEA to meet their offer but do not get help from their school.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by tiny hobbit
Extended solutions and discussions of the questions are available here:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/statistics/courses/aea/

These are written by a member of the University of Warwick Maths Department. The language and notation used is therefore not always what is familiar to A level students.

They were written to help those applicants who are taking AEA to meet their offer but do not get help from their school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Does anyone know where you can find the grade boundaries for each paper?
Original post by lyddsssss
Does anyone know where you can find the grade boundaries for each paper?

I'll post a spreadsheet when I get home early next week if no one else has replied by then.
Reply 5
Original post by tiny hobbit
I'll post a spreadsheet when I get home early next week if no one else has replied by then.

Thanks that would be a big help
Hi
I've recently been doing some AEA questions as extensions and as practice for next year. Today I've come across one which requires the knowledge of the formula for parametric circles, which unfortunately I didn't know despite covering the parametrics topic and I'm pretty sure we didn't go over in class. Does the AEA often cover small things such as this which you are supposed to work out or is it actually part of the a level syllabus?
Reply 7
Original post by mpaterson
Hi
I've recently been doing some AEA questions as extensions and as practice for next year. Today I've come across one which requires the knowledge of the formula for parametric circles, which unfortunately I didn't know despite covering the parametrics topic and I'm pretty sure we didn't go over in class. Does the AEA often cover small things such as this which you are supposed to work out or is it actually part of the a level syllabus?

I'm pretty sure the parametric equation for a circle is covered in most A level boards.

Can you type, or post a screenshot of, the question?
Ahh right that must be me then :colondollar:
I found the equation and have since solved it since so no worries, thanks anyway
Whoo I meed AEA for my insurance. Some of the AEA questions can be tough. We will all get through it though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where are you looking to go for uni then? And to do maths I'm guessing:biggrin:
Where are you looking to go for uni then? And to do maths I'm guessing:biggrin:

Cambridge is my Firm. I need 1,1 in STEP II/III. For warwick i belive i need a distinction or something in AEA or a 1 in STEP and A*AA or 2 in STEP with A*A*A with no AEA choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

Next year? Early hey!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha yup, it's more as a sort of extra thing as a challenge. But will also be good as practice for step in future I guess, thinking logically and all
Reply 14
Original post by physicsmaths
Cambridge is my Firm. I need 1,1 in STEP II/III. For warwick i belive i need a distinction or something in AEA or a 1 in STEP and A*AA or 2 in STEP with A*A*A with no AEA choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think there's much point doing AEA in Y12 if I'm already doing STEP 1, in terms of offers? I'm not sure if it's worth the extra prep tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
Do you think there's much point doing AEA in Y12 if I'm already doing STEP 1, in terms of offers? I'm not sure if it's worth the extra prep tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

You probably don't need to prep for it so just do few papers the days before and thats it. Well thats what im doing. AEA is miles easier, it would benefit you thpugh.aea still can be challenging.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question 4 June 2014. I cannot seem to arrive at the result shown. Any help ?
Original post by xyzmaster
Question 4 June 2014. I cannot seem to arrive at the result shown. Any help ?

Link the paper please ill do it. If i can ofcourse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Link the paper please ill do it. If i can ofcourse

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by xyzmaster

Which prt are you struggling on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply