Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imusti96)
    According to the part (b) they should've also multiplied by (1-(pq)^n) but they didn't.. i don't get why

Attachment 434365

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the grade boundaries for the past few years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnh545)
    does anyone have the grade boundaries for the past few years?
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf AEA, GRADE BOUNDARIES, 2002-2014.pdf (12.1 KB, 77 views)

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone post any problems. Bit desperate now since I finished all past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Could anyone post any problems. Bit desperate now since I finished all past papers
    I could give/make some but do you think that is wise one day before your exam?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I dunno; when I was practicing AEA papers wondering whether to take it or not (no idea why I didn't; I guess a drastically misplaced sense of guilt at making school pay unnecessarily) I could do the vast majority of questions without much difficulty. With STEP I am pretty damn bad, probably would be lucky just to get the necessary 2 in STEP 1. Maybe AEA just facilitates better those who do Edexcel better/those who have spent lots and lots of time practising A level questions (as I find most of, though not all of, AEA feels like significantly more challenging A level style stuff).
    I find some AEA questions require a trick which isn't easy to see in the pressure of an exam, and you have no choice so you are forced to do things you don't like (for most: vectors).

I took the AEA and got a distinction (but was quite close to the boundary). I haven't tried STEP in exam conditions but I find the STEP style a lot more inviting. The STEP questions tend to be more interesting too, so I'm more inclined to spend the time doing them. I do think the difference in style makes it very hard to compare the two exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Teeem posted some summation ones. Could be very useful if they throw a dirty summarion question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    I find some AEA questions require a trick which isn't easy to see in the pressure of an exam, and you have no choice so you are forced to do things you don't like (for most: vectors).

I took the AEA and got a distinction (but was quite close to the boundary). I haven't tried STEP in exam conditions but I find the STEP style a lot more inviting. The STEP questions tend to be more interesting too, so I'm more inclined to spend the time doing them. I do think the difference in style makes it very hard to compare the two exams.
    I totally agree that aea is very hard and not easy. But why do cambridge say they dont care about it? Could it be that they dont know how much harder they have got recently or just out of ignorance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Teeem posted some summation ones. Could be very useful if they throw a dirty summarion question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have already posted summations in an earlier post (I think Yesterday).

Some very tasty ones too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I have already posted summations in an earlier post (I think Yesterday).

Some very tasty ones too
    I seen one to do with statistics and closed it lolz

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree that aea is very hard and not easy. But why do cambridge say they dont care about it? Could it be that they dont know how much harder they have got recently or just out of ignorance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    politics

why do you have to use LaTex these days for Phd thesis or for any research papers.

I refuse to use it.

(the mathematics mafia/cartel can kiss "Maria")

ReputationRep:
    I seen one to do with statistics and closed it lolz

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Although it is statistical proofs for some, the context is totally irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    politics

why do you have to use LaTex these days for Phd thesis or for any research papers.

I refuse to use it.

(the mathematics mafia/cartel can kiss "Maria")
    Money for entering exams politics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I could give/make some but do you think that is wise one day before your exam?
    Yes please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Yes please
    only minutes old

ignore part b
    Attached Images
  2. File Type: pdf dg vhb.pdf (18.7 KB, 61 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    only minutes old

ignore part b
    That was a fun one. Thnx. Do you have any more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    That was a fun one. Thnx. Do you have any more?
    all completed and definitely correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    part a yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    Is the trick writing it as e^something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is the trick writing it as e^something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    take natural logs first, then implicit,

for nature rather than second derivatives examine the sign of the first derivative at either side of the point

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.