Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    Morally I could not help anybody who has an intention of going to Warwick, supports Arsenal or dislikes cats ...
    sorry not Warwick student not do I like football but nonetheless could you please tell me how Cauchy convergence test works and give an example

many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    sorry not Warwick student not do I like football but nonetheless could you please tell me how Cauchy convergence test works and give an example

many thanks
    What are your weaknesses in BMO? Do you struggle with geometry? Inequalities? Combinatorics/ number theory?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    What are your weaknesses in BMO? Do you struggle with geometry? Inequalities? Combinatorics/ number theory?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    inequalities and geometry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    inequalities and geometry
    Can you afford 50 pounds worth of books?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Can you afford 50 pounds worth of books?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Yes
    I recommend
    Plane Euclidean geometry theory and problems
    Introduction to inequalities
    Mathematical olympiad primer.
    If you can work through these books you put yourself in a very good position for success in the competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I'd lose marks in an m1 exam if my working was messy. Basically, I did a lot of writing before I finally realised the trick thus giving me the right answer but it was very messy so would the examiner look through every bit or skim through it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)

many thanks
    consider Σun

suppose |un+1/un| tends to a limit L as n tends to infinity

then

if L>1 the series diverges
    If L<1 the series converges
    If L=1 the series may converge or diverge
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf RATIO TEST.pdf (221.8 KB, 45 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Do you think I'd lose marks in an m1 exam if my working was messy. Basically, I did a lot of writing before I finally realised the trick thus giving me the right answer but it was very messy so would the examiner look through every bit or skim through it
    pls help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    pls help
    they will look through everything you have done and you will get the makers accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    I did some extra working in extension paper for m1 and c3. They will mark this right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    I did some extra working in extension paper for m1 and c3. They will mark this right?
    Yes. It's a real pain for the examiner, but yes it will be marked.

ReputationRep:
    Ca anyone tell me how I would solve non homogenous linear recurrence relations

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone thinking about doing AEA next year?

ReputationRep:
    What do they mean when they say numbers written in bases

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Ca anyone tell me how I would solve non homogenous linear recurrence relations
    Like a DE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    What do they mean when they say numbers written in bases
    http://nrich.maths.org/1368

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what strategies do you recommend for bmo. I can't seem to get any right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    Yes. It's a real pain for the examiner, but yes it will be marked.
    why is it a pain? i did it for 5 out of 6 of my maths papers this year I always start writing things down before i realise what I'm supposed to do, so I end up using up all the space and have to go on to extra paper...

(Original post by Jordan\)
    Is anyone thinking about doing AEA next year?
    I am, I finished A2 core maths this year and i'm doing as and a2 further maths next year so i think it will be good to revise for aea alongside further maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    what strategies do you recommend for bmo. I can't seem to get any right
    Perservere pretty much. Try ideas until you have one along the right line then go for it. Bmo is very hard you just have to get used to it. Do stuff from the books i told you then go mathematical olympiad primer it nakes a difference trust me. I couldnt do most questions firstly but then after getting through rpoblems and spending time(few months) i got a good score.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.