Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex621)
    why is it a pain? i did it for 5 out of 6 of my maths papers this year I always start writing things down before i realise what I'm supposed to do, so I end up using up all the space and have to go on to extra paper...
    It's not something for you to worry about, you should work in the way that suits you.

The way that most Edexcel papers are marked is that an examiner will decide that they will mark Q 3 (say) for a while, then change to Q5, etc.

If extra paper is used, the paper is scanned in all in one go. The way that this is set up means that it will take as least twice as long to mark a paper this way. This is not your problem, but this is why I described using extra paper as a pain for the examiner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    It's not something for you to worry about, you should work in the way that suits you.

The way that most Edexcel papers are marked is that an examiner will decide that they will mark Q 3 (say) for a while, then change to Q5, etc.

If extra paper is used, the paper is scanned in all in one go. The way that this is set up means that it will take as least twice as long to mark a paper this way. This is not your problem, but this is why I described using extra paper as a pain for the examiner.
    As far as I know the papers that use extra paper are marked separately, and not using the online system, so for the examiner it's not really that much of a hassle, as if the examiner is given the exams the mark, then that most likely means that all of the papers given to them have used the extra paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan\)
    As far as I know the papers that use extra paper are marked separately, and not using the online system, so for the examiner it's not really that much of a hassle, as if the examiner is given the exams the mark, then that most likely means that all of the papers given to them have used the extra paper.
    The complete papers that I marked last year were online. What made it a pain was hopping from page to page and then going to where you put the marks in. I don't remember exactly what it was like, because fortunately I didn't get sent any this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    What are your weaknesses in BMO? Do you struggle with geometry? Inequalities? Combinatorics/ number theory?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    would the summer holidays be enough preparation. How long did you have to revise for the bmo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    would the summer holidays be enough preparation. How long did you have to revise for the bmo
    Yes it is enough time to get to the round 2. I had from september onwards all the way to december to revise for it.
    How are you doing with the problems now? You ideally want to be able to do 3/4 problems as a year 13 for a chance of qualifying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Yes it is enough time to get to the round 2. I had from september onwards all the way to december to revise for it.
    How are you doing with the problems now? You ideally want to be able to do 3/4 problems as a year 13 for a chance of qualifying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    not a year 13 going up to year 12 so boundaries for BMO should be lower. Still struggling but getting there and number theory can be very broad and you have to be imaginative so don't know where to start

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the mark schemes will be released? I think most other Edexcel exams have had mark schemes released already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JM-97)
    Does anyone know when the mark schemes will be released? I think most other Edexcel exams have had mark schemes released already.
    It's on the Edexcel secure website, although not on Graham's Emporium yet. The terms and conditions for using the Edexcel secure materials means that noone can put a link to it on here!

Ask your teacher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JM-97)
    Released publicly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    Released publicly?
    Or just to teachers, the others arent public but have been released already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    cannot wait ....
    more questions to steal!
    Sorry to bother you,b but are the special papers u up

many thanks

ReputationRep:
    shocking telepathy!!!

I wrote the first paper today, and at uploaded it into my site 30 minutes ago.

I started backwards from paper Z, then Y, then X etc. I estimate to write one a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    shocking telepathy!!!

I started backwards from paper Z, then Y, then X etc. I estimate to write one a week
    Not really relevant but out of curiosity, do you have access to Edexcel's June 2015 papers? I think teachers can access them with a username/pass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jubz1)
    Not really relevant but out of curiosity, do you have access to Edexcel's June 2015 papers? I think teachers can access them with a username/pass
    If you look down a few threads about 3 weeks ago all the papers and marking schemes were posted in MATHS EXAMS subforum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    If you look down a few threads about 3 weeks ago all the papers and marking schemes were posted in MATHS EXAMS subforum
    Thank you very much, big forum - easy to not always spot things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jubz1)
    Thank you very much, big forum - easy to not always spot things
    I think the user name was andy something

ReputationRep:
    Any news of an AEA mark scheme??👀

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    shocking telepathy!!!

sorry to bother you but on the c3 paper s question 3, why isn't 29pi/18 a solution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    sorry to bother you but on the c3 paper s question 3, why isn't 29pi/18 a solution
    It is as it is written there, however there is a typo which I have corrected but I have not updated the file (range should read to pi)
    I will upload the new file in my next update

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    It is as it is written there, however there is a typo which I have corrected but I have not updated the file (range should read to pi)
    I will upload the new file in my next update
    in the special paper z question 3 do we take the positive root

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.