Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was made an offer for English Literature Fall 2015 at Durham. Due to being American, I have already taken multiple qualifications and I am only required to get a 5 on the AP English Literature and Composition exam to confirm my place.

While Durham only requires this one test, I said on my application that I was going to take a lot of other tests this school year. However, I missed 3/15 of these tests. Do I need to notify Durham? These tests are not required to confirm my offer. I already asked University of Bristol (they made the same offer as Durham) if it was okay that I didn't take these tests since they were not apart of the offer and Bristol said it was okay. Should I still ask Durham?

Additionally, is it really true that all I have to do is send my exam results required for confirming my place? I don't have to send the results of any of the other tests I am taking or my high school transcript or anything?

I am sorry if I sound ignorant. I am still trying to get used to this system.

ReputationRep:
    You should notify the university if you are not going to take an exam you said you would be taking in your application -- even though they didn't include a certain exam in your offer conditions doesn't mean that you saying you would be taking it didn't influence your application, if that makes sense!

I don't know about which exam results you need to send -- it might be only those in the offer, or it might be all of them, for the same reasons as above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meghan0515)
    x
    I did APs and I'm at Durham so I might be some help.

Yes, you don't have to send your Transcript or anything to Durham, unless your offer is conditional on it (I doubt it). UK unis for the most part simply don't care about unstandardised things like your GPA. I did a bunch of SAT2s and the ACT, but I never sent those in (but I did mention them on my application), as my offer was only conditional on my AP scores. All I did was send a PDF of my AP scores (you can get it on apscore.org) to my department's admission director, and sent it in via the collegeboard (the official way) just to be sure. Didn't have any problems.

You shouldn't have to notify Durham that you aren't taking the tests. Read over your UCAS letter just to be sure. If they don't mention it, I don't see any reason why you should have to send them in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    I did APs and I'm at Durham so I might be some help.

Yes, you don't have to send your Transcript or anything to Durham, unless your offer is conditional on it (I doubt it). UK unis for the most part simply don't care about unstandardised things like your GPA. I did a bunch of SAT2s and the ACT, but I never sent those in (but I did mention them on my application), as my offer was only conditional on my AP scores. All I did was send a PDF of my AP scores (you can get it on apscore.org) to my department's admission director, and sent it in via the collegeboard (the official way) just to be sure. Didn't have any problems.

You shouldn't have to notify Durham that you aren't taking the tests. Read over your UCAS letter just to be sure. If they don't mention it, I don't see any reason why you should have to send them in.
    I'm also American and taking APs. Did you send your AP scores to Durham after they were released in July?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak2015)
    I'm also American and taking APs. Did you send your AP scores to Durham after they were released in July?
    Yes. I just sent them in July after my grades came through, sending it via PDF and CB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    Yes. I just sent them in July after my grades came through, sending it via PDF and CB.
    Thanks. Out of curiosity, are there many American undergraduate students doing their entire degree at Durham, rather than just studying abroad there for a year?

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.