Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Help with A levels! Urgent! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello, hope your all doing great.
    After the winter break I will be choosing what I want to study for A levels.
    I'm interested in biology and I understand that it can be tough but oh well A levels are hard, I am also getting B's for Biology and Chemistry. I'm not so good with Chemistry, its just the equations which I struggle with.
    I also enjoy studying Geography and recently I have been getting A*s, however I'm not sure if the three subjects go well. Also I live in London and there are not many jobs related to Geography.
    So I'm thinking of becoming a doctor, if I get a tutor, organize and manage my time well do you think I can pull it off? The problem is that I've heard Chemistry at A levels is hard and I'm struggling with it already.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura247)
    I'm interested in biology and I understand that it can be tough but oh well A levels are hard, I am also getting B's for Biology and Chemistry. I'm not so good with Chemistry, its just the equations which I struggle with.
    I also enjoy studying Geography and recently I have been getting A*s, however I'm not sure if the three subjects go well. Also I live in London and there are not many jobs related to Geography.
    So I'm thinking of becoming a doctor, if I get a tutor, organize and manage my time well do you think I can pull it off? The problem is that I've heard Chemistry at A levels is hard and I'm struggling with it already.

Thanks
    I personally wouldn't reccomend that you do chemistry if you're already struggling with it as its supposedly the hardest a level out of all of them... And of course you can pull it off if you put ypur mind to it 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    That's a great attitude to have to your studies and probably the best way to approach A-Levels! If you want to become a doctor, you'll have to study medicine at university, to do which you'll require chemistry and biology (in the vast majority of cases). However, if you're feeling as though Chemistry is difficult at the moment, it wouldn't be advisable to take it to A-Level, it will only cause stress and make you unhappy. If you wanted to go into the medical profession you could consider nursing, for which you usually need biology. Just a suggestion but worth thinking about.
    Biology and Geography actually go quite well together and if you enjoy both then go for that!

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    Hello. I do A-Level Biology and it is really, really, challenging and has a lot of Chemistry content (my course for OCR does anyway). I, like the other person said, would steer clear of Chemistry if you are already struggling but see how things go.

Geography does compliment the other two courses and is a facilitating a-level. What about your fourth option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollieAMarie)
    That's a great attitude to have to your studies and probably the best way to approach A-Levels! If you want to become a doctor, you'll have to study medicine at university, to do which you'll require chemistry and biology (in the vast majority of cases). However, if you're feeling as though Chemistry is difficult at the moment, it wouldn't be advisable to take it to A-Level, it will only cause stress and make you unhappy. If you wanted to go into the medical profession you could consider nursing, for which you usually need biology. Just a suggestion but worth thinking about.
    Biology and Geography actually go quite well together and if you enjoy both then go for that!

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you very much I'm thinking of staying clear of Chemistry after all and I'm also considering taking psychology.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.