Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    omg yes! thank you so much, you life saviour :heart::adore:

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, does anyone have any links to websites that will help with reteaching myself certain concepts of this unit please? Or any youtube channels? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aprocrastinator)
    omg yes! thank you so much, you life saviour :heart::adore:
    No worries

(Original post by saad97)
    Hi guys, does anyone have any links to websites that will help with reteaching myself certain concepts of this unit please? Or any youtube channels? Thank you.
    physicsandmathstutor is great for topic by topic questions. See the first post in the thread

Otherwise, WAHEY productions' YouTube videos are a quirky way to revise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you type in PHYA4 on youtube there are some playlists already created. By 'Waheyproductions' and 'Drphysics'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fruity97)
    If you type in PHYA4 on youtube there are some playlists already created. By 'Waheyproductions' and 'Drphysics'
    Ooh haven't seen Drphysics. WAHEY are good though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Ooh haven't seen Drphysics. WAHEY are good though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by fruity97)
    Thanks, I tried Wahey but they don't really give as much detail as I need :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    That's very true. Seems it's impossible to understand the simplest concepts in papers these days -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The simple concepts have somewhat been removed from the papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they're more light hearted stuff really. Is Drphysics good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Yeah they're more light hearted stuff really. Is Drphysics good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True, do you know of any websites by any chance?Not yet, will do once I've completed this C4 paper

ReputationRep:
    Maybe that is the amount of details you need to know if you cannot find more on there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any Ideas on the 6 mark question coming up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Venatal)
    Any Ideas on the 6 mark question coming up?
    I think it might be similarities/differences of gravitational/electrical fields or lens law given an example

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmiratesCaptain)
    I think it might be similarities/differences of gravitational/electrical fields or lens law given an example

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think it will be similarities/differences between electric and gravitational fields, that came up in June 2013 didn't it?

I am personally leaning more towards a capacitors question or a question based around further mechanics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHR223)
    I don't think it will be similarities/differences between electric and gravitational fields, that came up in June 2013 didn't it?

I am personally leaning more towards a capacitors question or a question based around further mechanics!
    Capacitors came up last year June 2014

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHR223)

Simple harmonic motion, mark my words

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmiratesCaptain)
    Capacitors came up last year June 2014

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah, well that was a giant fail. I did that paper as a mock back in January so completely forgot about it! cheers, saves me revising capacitors

CD223, that is a good call, I will change my guess to further mecahnics/SHM

ReputationRep:
    Have a feeling the 6 marker will be on resonance, like an applied example such as Barton's pendulums.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy20002012)
    Have a feeling the 6 marker will be on resonance, like an applied example such as Barton's pendulums.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I've been thinking that for a while. Very odd it hasn't featured more in papers, although how would you think of 6+ things to say?

I mean, if it was generally SHM resonance and then talking a bit about Barton's then I'd understand, but how can you make six plus points on that one experiment -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy20002012)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Barton's pendulums?

Is that part of the AQA spec?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disney0702)
    Barton's pendulums?

Is that part of the AQA spec?
    It's in the book I believe as an application of SHM:

Here is a great short YouTube video that summarises what you could expect from a question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.