Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ignore me
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    could anyone help me with 1c june 2013 please? I don't understand the mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please help me with Q3(b)(i) on Jun '13 Section B please?

ReputationRep:
    Question:
    My biggest downfall is timing... I spend far too long on questions I struggle with and for only one mark when I could have got 3 in the same time! I just haven't got much discipline in moving on and I done bad last year because of it.... So my question is would we be allowed to take a mini sand timer in to help us??
    Oh and also do you think it's better to do the written paper first??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sbarron)
    Question:
    My biggest downfall is timing... I spend far too long on questions I struggle with and for only one mark when I could have got 3 in the same time! I just haven't got much discipline in moving on and I done bad last year because of it.... So my question is would we be allowed to take a mini sand timer in to help us??
    Oh and also do you think it's better to do the written paper first??
    The same here but I'm quite obsessed with that. I remember in one of my mocks i just left the whole paper to answer a one marker question! My teacher was kind enough not to mark the paper. But in the exam if you are stuck on a one or two mark question then leave it, that's the new game the examiners are trying to play in 2015. I guess we will be given a few hard questions in the beginning to make us psychologically weak. Move on and get back to them if you had time at the end. But sometimes you've got to think about the question and you shouldn't leave it quickly. Spend 1 minute thinking about it then if you couldn't get the answer leave. By the time you get back to the question your subconscious mind will wrestle with the problem you have in mind and when you get back to them you are most likely to have the solution in your hands.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing written paper first, as I feel I do better on them and also if I'm running out of time the last multi choice questions are easier to make predicted guesses on

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsestuff)
    I'm doing written paper first, as I feel I do better on them and also if I'm running out of time the last multi choice questions are easier to make predicted guesses on

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm planning to do the same as well. After all it's quicker to a tick a box then write words!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain (what is actually happening and how to calculate) potential between two "sources" (e.g. two planets for gravitational and 2 point charges for electrical)?
    The definition of potential is the word done in taking unit mass/charge from infinity to that point but it doesn't really make sense with two + sources?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me with Section A Q24 from Jun '13 please?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I could get written solutions to past papers? Like those on Mr Barton maths.
    Also, are there any model answers to past 6 mark written communication questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys can anyone help me with understanding what the answer for question 19 is? I think it has something to do to with Newton's third law? http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-QP-JUN10.PDF

many thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    This sample answer is for the june 14 six marker.
    I have some sample answers but i don't have a PC at hand to upload them
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433852316.326195.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  193.2 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433852331.341193.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  120.8 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnneOldman)
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master Sam)
    Hey guys can anyone help me with understanding what the answer for question 19 is? I think it has something to do to with Newton's third law? http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-QP-JUN10.PDF

many thanks in advance!
    If current is doubled, then you can say the force is doubled.

As F= b i l

and as it is reversed the force is now in a different direction which is up.

So balance reads -224. Answer is A

ReputationRep:
    How confident are people for this? I just came out of an abominable AQA C4 maths paper so im not in the best of moods with them haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    How confident are people for this? I just came out of an abominable AQA C4 maths paper so im not in the best of moods with them haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not exactly confident. I've hit the acceptance phase where it is what it is. Just keep working like. I need a B overall.

I know you'll do awesome mate!

I have WJEC C4 friday and thats what I'm not looking forward to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry about it man, it's already done. The grade boundaries won't be as hight so you will be fine. Try to compensate for your other exams.

Not confident enough but Im just hoping it will fine which in fact won't be.
    With maths, oh dear, I've not seen my maths teacher since easter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 000alex)
    Can someone explain (what is actually happening and how to calculate) potential between two "sources" (e.g. two planets for gravitational and 2 point charges for electrical)?
    The definition of potential is the word done in taking unit mass/charge from infinity to that point but it doesn't really make sense with two + sources?
    This helped me a ton: http://www.cyberphysics.co.uk/topics..._potential.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disney0702)
    Can someone help me with Section A Q24 from Jun '13 please?
    Hi,
    So in the first scenario the magnetic force is acting downwards causing there to be a reading of 112g on the mass balance. When the current is reversed, the scale should become negative since the force is now acting upwards (the opposite direction - Fleming's left hand rule). Also, since the current has been doubled and F = BIl (so F is directly proportional to I), the force will also double so that's why the answer is A. I think hahah

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.