The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3520
Original post by Specter
Thanks, I know your meant to spend one hour on that section. How much time do you actually end up spending on it though? Are you pushed for time? Im always pushed for time on Section As

I try and blitz MC to get it done in 35 mins then spend 70 mins on Section B so I can work on wording and redo calculations if need be :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RemainSilent
is the answer A?

Yes
Reply 3522
Original post by oonic0rn
thankyou so much!! any chance you could go through question 17 as well?:smile:

A positive test charge would be repelled equally by both 0.8nC charges, so the potential is twice that of one of the 0.8nC charges. V=2(0.8x10-9/4pi x 8.85x10-12 x 40x10-3).
Original post by CD223
I try and blitz MC to get it done in 35 mins then spend 70 mins on Section B so I can work on wording and redo calculations if need be :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow. When you come across a question you dont get how long would you spend on it max before guessing an answer?
Reply 3524
I have seen you on another thread cant remember which one :P

No idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Six marker on SHM please, AQA!
any predictions? :smile:
I have a bad feeling for this exam
Can someone please help with question 4 c(I) http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PHYA4-2-QP-JAN13.PDF . Why is the force on +4.0 charge going to the right and force on +6.0 charge going to the left, surely because they're alike charges they would go like this...image.jpg
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
Six marker on SHM please, AQA!

What would they ask about SHM and how would you answer that? :smile:
Original post by Specter
Wow. When you come across a question you dont get how long would you spend on it max before guessing an answer?

literally 30 seconds unless you feel like you're onto something or mid-calculation.
That seems to be the most efficient.
6 MARKER : Potato set into hard harmonic motion and describing the damping effects

Jesus christ hahaha
Original post by HyperGamma
Could someone please explain why you need AC for a cyclotron?

AC accelerates the particles across the gap between the Dees. The path radius increases after each successive acceleration, so the path spirals outwards from the center of the source. The particle emerges from the cycltron when the radius of the orbit is equal to the radius of the dee. The period of the AC voltage must be equal to the time taken by a particle in one complete cycle.
When do we use the RH rule?
Original post by Dante991
It's the last year of the spec, any idea of how that will reflect on the paper?

Knowing how ***** the exam boards are, they'll probably go out with a bang

Doesn't help that all the other exams people are saying have been the hardest ever. I expect them to drop the same bombshell this time
Original post by you-only-live-once

I'm praying they ask about a resonance one like in the specimen paper! How the phase different varies with the driving frequency!
Anyone think it could be on transformers, energy losses? That hasn't come up in a while, would be a great 6 marker!
Reply 3536
Original post by aprocrastinator
When do we use the RH rule?

When you move a wire in a magnetic field.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fruity97
I'm praying they ask about a resonance one like in the specimen paper! How the phase different varies with the driving frequency!
Anyone think it could be on transformers, energy losses? That hasn't come up in a while, would be a great 6 marker!

Do you have a link to the spec paper and mark scheme?
Original post by you-only-live-once

No idea. I'm just bad at 6 markers but I feel as though I can blag SHM because I studied it in M3 as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending