Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone - stay sharp and find the Tony Stark within you

ReputationRep:
    Have some orange juice before the exam as this helps burning the glucose of your body so that you won't run out of energy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys, what time is your exam. I didn't check my timetable and nobody is in the exam hall now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
    Guys, what time is your exam. I didn't check my timetable and nobody is in the exam hall now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's stated to start at 9:00am. So you're pretty early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dominicwild)
    It's stated to start at 9:00am. So you're pretty early.
    Thanks,
    You're right. I've just seen one of my class mates

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehrdad jafari)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quick take a look at the paper

ReputationRep:
    Well.....

ReputationRep:
    Think it could've been nicer..

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad but could've been better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well that was awful.

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was good, what was the graph for current supposed to look like? I had the initial current below the first graph but just the same shape which im pretty sure is wrong

ReputationRep:
    There's no worse feeling than knowing a paper was average in difficulty; but also knowing you have made many small (but still potentially grade changing) mistakes...

ReputationRep:
    I didn't particularly enjoy that. It was okay, but not the best. I'm still hoping for 120 UMS but it's hard to tell how that went :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    What did people put of the damping question? I completely forgot what it was so I tried to work it out there, I put it has no affect?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmiratesCaptain)
    Thought it was good, what was the graph for current supposed to look like? I had the initial current below the first graph but just the same shape which im pretty sure is wrong
    Pretty sure it had a lower initial current and then a less steep gradient as time constant was greater?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fred Cantoni)
    Pretty sure it had a lower initial current and then a less steep gradient as time constant was greater?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought the same; but was told by my peers that the current had the same start point.

ReputationRep:
    Little questions:
    Gravitational potential is a vector isn't it?
    I put the oscillations were less damped with the metal ring - thoughts on this? I reasoned the air resistance force would be constant but as F=ma, the pendulum would deccelerate more slowly so would be less damped.

ReputationRep:
    What did people put of the damping question? I completely forgot what it was so I tried to work it out there, I put it has no affect?
    It has no effect from the equation of time period of a simple pendulum (at least i think?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It has no effect from the equation of time period of a simple pendulum (at least i think?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fvthoms)
    I thought the same; but was told by my peers that the current had the same start point.
    Why would it? If you simplify it and treat it like a battery for the same voltage but huger resistance it would have a lower current, why wouldn't that hold for a capacitor?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's more damping without the ring because the ring increases the pendulum's weight and the resistance's effect will be decreased.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.