Here are my answers again.
    Would be very happy for any comments
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434025155.788417.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  142.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salicional)
    It was mentioned a lot earlier up the thread!
    Ah right, late to the party Oh well I should pick up some marks with that however they decide to deal with it.

(Original post by QueNNch)
    The question asked for the number of electrons on the NEGATIVE plate ONLY.

As each capacitor plate shares equal number of elections it is halved.
    Ah damn, thanks! At least it's only 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NEWT0N)
    I did those as well (the ones in bold)

Chin up, I'm sure you'll be fine. If that's really the total number of mistakes you made you're still looking at a high (full UMS even?) A*. I'm hoping for either just scraping full UMS but hopefully an A* in any case, although the fact that there are like 5 marks between each grade is slightly worrying
    Not sure if those were the ONLY mistakes I've made, but certainly the most glaring :/

So angry with that typo kilo ohm question! I had my intercept lower and graph less steep but they ended up at the same current approaching zero??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poee)
    You do realize it is impossible to do it perfectly horizontally... not harder.

BECAUSE: there is no vertical component of the tension to counter act the weight of the ball.
    nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanzz)
    Think this is incorrect. The time period of a pendulum is independent of a mass added, hence the maximum velocity is independent of the mass added. Furthermore, the only resistive force is due to the viscosity of air, an air resistive force. The ring hardly affects air resistance, and so the since the vicious force of air is dependant on velocity, which is unchanged, then the damping/viscous force is unchanged.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damping affects amplitude, not time period. Time period is irrelevant.
    Conservation of momentum means that the ringed bob experiences less damping because it has higher mass so gives the air molecules less velocity (assuming the same surface area).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salicional)
    Do you think it's worth writing a complaint to AQA about the obvious typo in the capacitors question? Just in case it hasn't come to their attention that their proof-reading process is awful...
    what typo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonnyjimisgod)
    I reckon you will get 4/6. I wrote similar but my teacher said you had to state that the tension in the string resolved vertically TSin(x) would be equal to mg if it is to remain horizontal. Also explain the 3 laws in context
    Doesn't tension act horizontally towards the center (and thus perpendicular to the weight?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueNNch)
    The question asked for the number of electrons on the NEGATIVE plate ONLY.

As each capacitor plate shares equal number of electrons it is halved.
    THIS IS WRONG.

it is not halved.

at least I think it's not,, each plate has Q charge

ReputationRep:
    question on field strength directly between two identical masses, was it zero?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanzz)
    The alternative answer which would oppose my thoughts is that if it has a greater mass it has more mgh and then it has a greater 1/2mv² and so there is a greater drag force. I thought the damping force was only because of drag on a pendulum, so I really don't know which solution is correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No you were correct the first time in saying there is the same amount of drag. Force is the same as rate of change of momentum of u can remember q1 on multiple choice. This means the same amount of drag will have the same rate of change of momentum. Since velocity is independent of mass the initial velocity is the same, as is the time period. But since the mass is larger and the rate of change of momentum is equal to before means that the rate of change of velocity is reduced meaning it takes longer to lose its velocity hence less damping

ReputationRep:
    No they were asking why this scenario you're talking about is impossible.

The tension is at an angle towards the centre hence the vertical component of the tension cancels out with the weight so the resultant towards centre is the horizontal component of the tension.
    Doesn't tension act horizontally towards the center (and thus perpendicular to the weight?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chazley123)
    question on field strength directly between two identical masses, was it zero?
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poee)
    THIS IS WRONG.

it is not halved.

at least I think it's not,, each plate has Q charge
    Doesn't one plate have all the electrons?

ReputationRep:
    I remember getting G*m*pi*p*R/3 somewhere for the multiple choice. Anyone agree?
    Yeh, i subbed in formulas/rearranged and stuff.

Close to 100% sure that's correc

ReputationRep:
    Can someone make an unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    Yes if horizontal Tsin(x)=mg , though in practicality its unrealistic to apply this tension apparently. I didn't even mention anything to do with this though, so probably only got 4-5/6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarvingAutist)
    Damping affects amplitude, not time period. Time period is irrelevant.
    Conservation of momentum means that the ringed bob experiences less damping because it has higher mass so gives the air molecules less velocity (assuming the same surface area).
    Preach 🙌🏻

ReputationRep:
    Yes if horizontal Tsin(x)=mg , though in practicality its unrealistic to apply this tension apparently. I didn't even mention anything to do with this though, so probably only got 4-5/6
    If it's horziontal, Tsin(x) = mg (if were to do circular motion)

but x = 0 since horizontal

therefore Tsin(x) = 0

-> impossible to do horizontally

ReputationRep:
    Cool, hopefully they won't penalize for not including exactly that as I don't think we even had to talk "quantitatively" anywhere in the question. (6-markers are qualitative assessments)

I do remember saying that the weight of the ball is much less than the centripetal force though (but I didn't justify this with a calculation)

ReputationRep:
    Just heard back from my school who called AQA; they have realised that its a mistake!!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.