Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the field strength? Was it right just to do the radial field strength formula and the use the Q=60nC and r=0.4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    Flopped that badly lol. So happy I have a good AS mark
    What did you drop marks on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    131 degrees anywhere?
    Yep, people are saying that rather consistently. 130/131 different degrees of significant figures though. Probably won't effect the mark at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperMushroom)
    yep
    Yesss I need every mark i can lol, did you use BANwsinwt anywhere and get like 0.06 i think?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  384.3 KB
    (Original post by jkrolling12)
    Yeah same here, apparently there were two charges involved though? Can anyone remember the exact situation of the question?

ReputationRep:
    unofficial markscheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    What did you drop marks on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    everything, didn't revise enough, was too focused on my maths exams. Only wrote a line for 6 marker.

wbu?

ReputationRep:
    What was the correct answer to why it doesn't reach 1.4m? I put there is air resistance resisting the vertical motion and also energy is lost in the circuit due to resistance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chizz1889)
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  384.3 KB
    ooohhh Thank you soo much... i thought i completely flopped this Q but it was just me using r^2 for potential but i am pretty sure i got x10^-5 in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperMushroom)
    yep
    how did you do that question i did v/r which gives the angular speed in radians (i got something like 5 radians per second) then converted it into degrees and got like 340 degrees. Also i checked my answer by finding the percentage of the circumference it would move if the circumference was a straight line and then found the angle from this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dominicwild)
    Yep, people are saying that rather consistently. 130/131 different degrees of significant figures though. Probably won't effect the mark at all.
    Nice.

did you get 4R on mc anywhere? the 2 spheres with radius R

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salicional)
    The first part of the question used a 150Ω resistor, and the second part a 300,000Ω resistor. This lead to a graph that could not be drawn accurately, as it had to start at 1/2000th of the height of the original line! Clearly they missed a 'kilo' off the 150Ω, or added one in on the 300kΩ
    I noticed that, just drew it much lower down (below half fwiw) and presumed it wasn't a relative scale, even though it must be or the first graph wouldn't be right haha. Yeah, stupid question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JizzaStanger)
    It would depend on whether they asked for the change in the number of electrons or the total number of electrons. I think the change would be half but the total number wouldn't be.

The fact that one of the choices was arrived at by halving Q worries me though, because halving Q is something that you would forget to do rather than do accidentally, and so if you weren't meant to halve Q then it's unlikely they would have put it as an option :/
    Oh well, only 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    lol wait for the Q = 30nC question you didn't have to do any fancy stuff all you needed was to find the PD from the graph using the r values given - so you get 750V.

Used W = QV with the 60nC charge and thats the work done...it was only like a 2/3 mark question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielWall96)
    how did you do that question i did v/r which gives the angular speed in radians (i got something like 5 radians per second) then converted it into degrees and got like 340 degrees. Also i checked my answer by finding the percentage of the circumference it would move if the circumference was a straight line and then found the angle from this
    You just multiply the rad/s by the time, then change it into degrees

ReputationRep:
    Yesss I need every mark i can lol, did you use BANwsinwt anywhere and get like 0.06 i think?
    I used that equation but can't remember my answer. I thought they gave you the time period for 50 full circles (100) so after finding T I forgot to halve it even though I halved the value for f when subsituing 2nf!!! Stupid me!!!

ReputationRep:
    Nice.

did you get 4R on mc anywhere? the 2 spheres with radius R
    I did. Looks like you didn't flop!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the capacitor graph, was it above or below their original curve?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kennethm)
    lol wait for the Q = 30nC question you didn't have to do any fancy stuff all you needed was to find the PD from the graph using the r values given - so you get 750V.

Used W = QV with the 60nC charge and thats the work done...it was only like a 2/3 mark question
    Yeah that's what I did lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Amanzz! Hey, hmmm. I agree with the other guys answer I think, smaller reduction in velocity/deceleration is less for given drag force etc. How did you find the paper?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.