Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShutUpLegs)
    Is that the exact username? I can't find the account to search the post history..
    Mehrdad Jafari? Have I spelt it wrong? Sorry if I have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben60)
    As I wrote lots of different marks to get the marks in some questions, some of my answers were not written on the dotted lines coz i didnt have enough space.
    Will the answers which are not on the dotted line be still marked ?
    That prob depends on the examiner. I'm sure if they're easy to spot as an they'll get marked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben60)
    As I wrote lots of different marks to get the marks in some questions, some of my answers were not written on the dotted lines coz i didnt have enough space.
    That probably depends on the examiner. I'm sure if they're easy to spot as an answer they'll get marked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sbarron)
    That probably depends on the examiner. I'm sure if they're easy to spot as an answer they'll get marked

Thanks
    I hope they see it
    its not hard to spot. its just right beneath the lines. literally right beneath the lines.

ReputationRep:
    For the question about Coil P and Coil Q, I put no current in the Ammeter to begin with as the current in Coil P was D.C. And then 2nd part) a sudden change in resistance leads to a change in current which is a change in the magnetic flux cutting Coil Q so since there's a change , there's a reading any idea if that's ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Mehrdad Jafari? Have I spelt it wrong? Sorry if I have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, got it now and quoted in the thread

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, which question contained a typo?

ReputationRep:
    what's the general consensus on this paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humbers)
    I'm pretty sure just Wb is fine
    thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    There was a similar emf question on a 2005 paper, in the exam I remember seeing "average emf"
    No RMS or other equations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Not too bad to be honest. It was a fair paper, I just made a few silly errors. Only thing that angers me is the typo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What typo?

ReputationRep:
    Right ss, just wondering if i got any marks, on the coil question, I wrote about how when the circuit is closed a magenetic fiield is produced which exerts a force on the other coil so to equal the force F=BIL shows us a current must occur to enduce an opposie force.

I then said with a higher resistence there will be a lower current so there will be less force so a lower ammeter reading on the second one.

ANY MARKS / 5 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben60)
    Examiners are not robots. If they can clearly see you attempted to answer a question somewhere on the page and it isn't ambiguous, they'll include it in marking it. I barely ever get through an exam without going over the dotted lines given.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xela238)
    Right ss, just wondering if i got any marks, on the coil question, I wrote about how when the circuit is closed a magenetic fiield is produced which exerts a force on the other coil so to equal the force F=BIL shows us a current must occur to enduce an opposie force.

I then said with a higher resistence there will be a lower current so there will be less force so a lower ammeter reading on the second one.

ANY MARKS / 5 ?
    Probably 1 or 2 (if lucky)/5
    Didnt say induced emf or directions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonnyjimisgod)
    Probably 1 or 2 (if lucky)/5
    Didnt say induced emf or directions
    Ok cheers boss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xela238)
    Ok cheers boss
    I would pretty much 95% of people who took this exam would have only got 1-3 marks for this question and the dampening question, they were both extremely demanding. Hopefully the grade boundaries will be similar to last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonnyjimisgod)
    I would pretty much 95% of people who took this exam would have only got 1-3 marks for this question and the dampening question, they were both extremely demanding. Hopefully the grade boundaries will be similar to last year
    All of the calculation questions were nice, but I messed up the dampening question (made the seemingly constant error of saying how m is independant of T) and yeah the coil one was not nice at all...

ReputationRep:
    i am so pissed i for some reason read the question about the horizontal! circle to be a vertical circle so thats at least 18 marks down the sh*tter. I don't know i don't think physics is that bad i just keep making these kind of stupid mistakes. Goodbye A/A*

Can i still do well if the unit 5 goes well?

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the cars collision where it asked the new speeds? 14? Times by root 2 or something
    Also the planet gravitational force when radius waa doubled and density halved?
    Rather annoyingly i couldn't show the charge of the electric field in 2 to be x10-9
    kept getting 13 and 14

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dominicwild)
    Examiners are not robots. If they can clearly see you attempted to answer a question somewhere on the page and it isn't ambiguous, they'll include it in marking it. I barely ever get through an exam without going over the dotted lines given.
    thanks. i feel better now

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.