Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    2b) the first bit is rightthe 2nd mark is fora positive test charge will have to do work against the field to reach a point in this field from infinity (or something to that effect.)also wondering why 2) e) is 1560, cant remember if i got that or nah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex3107_)
    Can someone explain why Q20 in section A was -322g and not zero?
    The reading is zero if and only if no force acts on the magnet, because it says the balance was zeroed before the experiment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RemainSilent)
    At lowest in MC i got 20/25 and around 30-34ish on written (4 marks lost damping, 3 graph, 1 area under graph, 3 angle :/ , few more in written not sure if i lost 2 at potential ) would 50 be a B ?
    Looking at past boundaries (in the first post), 50 should most definitely be a B, possibly a high one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otterfailure)
    i am so pissed i for some reason read the question about the horizontal! circle to be a vertical circle so thats at least 18 marks down the sh*tter. I don't know i don't think physics is that bad i just keep making these kind of stupid mistakes. Goodbye A/A*

Can i still do well if the unit 5 goes well?
    What question are you referencing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Looking at past boundaries (in the first post), 50 should most definitely be a B, possibly a high one
    How did you find the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.a.k)
    Why does f become F/9 for 4R
    I put 8 R

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The radius of the spheres make 2R the force when in contact is 4F really and 4 divided by something gives 1/9 and that is 36 which you square root to give a total distance of 6R minus the 2R of the spheres as it asks for distance between surfaces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was a fairly normal paper (which was a relief, chem yesterday had me paranoid that we would get something horrific for this as well!), so far I'm estimating 20-24 for the MC (can't remember all my answers/questions well enough!) and currently working out how the written section might have gone, but I think I've done as well as I need to you?

ReputationRep:
    I put for that capacitor efficiency question energy wasted In the motor and the mass of the string connect the motor to the weight force acting down so more work has to be done. Seen it on a past paper! That question was an absolute beauty

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how is it 1560? can someone explain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apriori1234)
    The reading is zero if and only if no force acts on the magnet, because it says the balance was zeroed before the experiment.
    Hmmm. I think I might have read the question wrong, thanks though.

ReputationRep:
    *quiet sobbing*

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone else find it? I thought it was hard and made a lot of mistakes. But I'm thinking the mistakes might be out of my own stupidity.

And any ideas where grade boundaries would be? I'm expecting around 55.

ReputationRep:
    Paper was alright on the whole, couple iffy quetions, but pretty alright

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully a B atleast.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilentPotato)
    How did everyone else find it? I thought it was hard and made a lot of mistakes. But I'm thinking the mistakes might be out of my own stupidity.

55 should land you an A, judging on previous years (not expecting a massive shift in either direction, 1-2 marks either way perhaps)

ReputationRep:

Last year and the year before it was 53/75 for an A. I'd expect it to be lower this year, especially with 150kΩ-gate.

ReputationRep:

55 for a? The boundary have increased over last five years, so I suppose the boundary for a* is 63 this year. A little sad.

ReputationRep:
    Just soo annoyed with this. I've been getting over 60 on all my past papers and then I do this paper and I've probably got less than 50, and thats being optimistic. I absolutely need an A, the pressure for unit 5 when I'm not that confident and only a day of revision is horrid. I was planning for an A* on this one .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    It was a fairly normal paper (which was a relief, chem yesterday had me paranoid that we would get something horrific for this as well!), so far I'm estimating 20-24 for the MC (can't remember all my answers/questions well enough!) and currently working out how the written section might have gone, but I think I've done as well as I need to you?
    MC went better than written for me!

Got 24/25 of the answers in the first post but I made so many stupid errors in the explanations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    grade boundaries???

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.