Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure this'll cheer many of you up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    This thread has been great for answering each other's questions and helping one another out. I personally feel like the MC was a lot easier due to this thread. Thanks for that everyone!

Let's smash PHYA5 now - perhaps the number of posts on that thread can't beat this in 6 days though 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can you help out with my question about question 20 on the MC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordan_bennett14)
    That really doesn't help lol :P Are you saying that the force on the wire created by the magnetic field (upwards, after current is reversed) also creates a force in the opposite direction of equal and opposite size and direction?

The first force is trying to push the wire up but the wire can't move so it pushes the balance down.... Then this happens in double reverse.
    Imagine putting two magnets together the same poles facing.... If you let go they would both move away from each other, however if you held one still, only the other one would move away

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-...lflow_facebook lol

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a copy of the paper? I haven't seen one on this thread and it would be helpful :P Also, could somebody explain why the answer for question 4 part c is 0.121V? I can't remember what I got but I didn't get that!!

ReputationRep:
    So for the mean emf were we or werent we supposed to divide by root 2 ?

ReputationRep:
    what do you guys you think you got for each section ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NightStrider)
    So for the mean emf were we or werent we supposed to divide by root 2 ?
    Trying to find this out too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RemainSilent)
    what do you guys you think you got for each section ?
    Section A: 18
    Section B: 30

Really annoyed, personally I found the paper harder than all of the past papers I had done including June 2014 which I found relatively easy.

ReputationRep:
    The problem is even if they void the question their mistake is going to have screwed a number of students over. I spent about 10 mins wondering how on earth they can ask such a stupid question then had about 2 mins left to answer the 6 marker:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiley-face)
    I don't get the fuss about the balance question to be honest...if people did the past papers they'd realise it was exactly the same question set a couple years ago. Answered it in 2 seconds.
    I also noticed that, it was June 2010. I still don't understand why it isn't zero though instead of double the negative value (-332g). I understand the maths but logically I don't understand why the wire going the other way can be detected by the balance. I think I'm misunderstanding something here lol :P

ReputationRep:
    Section A: 18
    Section B: 30

Really annoyed, personally I found the paper harder than all of the past papers I had done including June 2014 which I found relatively easy.
    that should surely be a B good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EconFan_73)
    The problem is even if they void the question their mistake is going to have screwed a number of students over. I spent about 10 mins wondering how on earth they can ask such a stupid question then had about 2 mins left to answer the 6 marker:/
    i agree; for this exam 1hr 45 mins is way short and yet AQA brings up a 3 marker mistake ....

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Section A - 20
    Section B - 35

So hoping 55 is an A lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Section A - 20
    Section B - 35

So hoping 55 is an A lol
    The average mark for an A is 51, and the highest it has ever been was 53, so if you've added up right then you probably have your A

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone made an unofficial mark scheme or has put their answers up? I can't find one on this thread, but it is pretty long so I could have missed it 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  506.8 KB
    I also noticed that, it was June 2010. I still don't understand why it isn't zero though instead of double the negative value (-332g). I understand the maths but logically I don't understand why the wire going the other way can be detected by the balance. I think I'm misunderstanding something here lol :P
    Does this help visually?? (Sorry about the lack of artistic skills!) ha

ReputationRep:
    Did they specifically tell us the battery was DC? Because i stupidly answered it for AC :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantelletubby)
    Has anyone made an unofficial mark scheme or has put their answers up? I can't find one on this thread, but it is pretty long so I could have missed it 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Look at the first post!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantelletubby)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    First page

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.