AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mehrdad jafari
Which part of it are you referring to?
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434148488.375971.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh might be another part? Part b? Do you have the scan of part b?:smile:
Original post by TashJacobs
I managed to get the paper today, would anyone like me to post pictures of any pages/questions?

Yes please
A question like this came up on the multiple choice and I only knew how to do it because of your very simple explanation, thanks CD223!!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4963
Original post by xuyixuanpbs
Section B question 5, calculatio part, does the question mention the string is horizontal?

Yeah it did say horizontal circle :smile:

Original post by Dalek1099
The very last one didn't know it was mechanical strength I said it was so the current went into the sheath, I don't think I had seen a question like it.

Ah I said power losses :/ stupid mark lost. I don't know why I didn't say strength :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4964
Original post by huniibehi
A question like this came up on the multiple choice and I only knew how to do it because of your very simple explanation, thanks CD223!!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks! It's funny how many repeated questions were in that paper.

Questions 3, 5, 6, 10, 11, 15, 18 and 20 had all come up in a very similar form, if not the exact same before on past papers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone link me to an unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Updated the MS with the correct answers!

Oh where is it please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4967
Original post by EmiratesCaptain
Can anyone link me to an unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

First post :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Haha thanks! It's funny how many repeated questions were in that paper.

Questions 3, 5, 6, 10, 11, 15, 18 and 20 had all come up in a very similar form, if not the exact same before on past papers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah past papers are definitely key! Bet you aced the multiple choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4969
Original post by huniibehi
Yeah past papers are definitely key! Bet you aced the multiple choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha. I got the last one wrong unfortunately. I said the steel was for minimising power losses :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
General thoughts on grade boundary for A*?
Reply 4971
Original post by JIBBYMALIK
General thoughts on grade boundary for A*?

Possibly 60-61. The multiple choice was easier than last year but the written was slightly harder in my opinion. It might balance out to give the same sort of boundaries :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Possibly 60-61. The multiple choice was easier than last year but the written was slightly harder in my opinion. It might balance out to give the same sort of boundaries :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, the multiple choice seemed slightly easier than last year's! Although there were a few questions which might have caught people out, like the 4R one and the couple question (considering couples aren't in the A2 part of the spec).

I can't see the grade boundaries going up to be honest, I think that they will remain around 60 for the A* mark or maybe even go down 1 or 2 due to AQA's mistake.
Original post by CD223
Haha. I got the last one wrong unfortunately. I said the steel was for minimising power losses :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

24/25 is amazing! I know for sure I lost atleast 7 marks Even if you made silly mistakes on section B you'll still come out with top marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone explain 2ciii) to me please? I got a value of 1690Vm^-1, using the equation for a radial field. The field in question is definitely radial, so I don't understand why people who have got the 1560Vm^-1 value have got that using field strength for a uniform field?
Original post by salicional
Can someone explain 2ciii) to me please? I got a value of 1690Vm^-1, using the equation for a radial field. The field in question is definitely radial, so I don't understand why people who have got the 1560Vm^-1 value have got that using field strength for a uniform field?

What value for Q did you use?
would 50 be ever a B in this exam (grade boundary)?
I think I messed up the MC pretty bad.. Got about 15/25 :frown:, so overall what would 50/75 be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RemainSilent
would 50 be ever a B in this exam (grade boundary)?

If you look at the past paper boundaries in the first post, the B grade boundary has always been below 50, and it's unlikely to move enough to change that this year, so it should be :smile:
Hi guys. Will 65/75 be an A*? Thank you. I don't really know how hard this paper is compared to the past papers. What do you reckon?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending