Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShutUpLegs)
    And here's Section B
    can we expect the mark schemes in about 30 minutes as well haha joking of course, I don't want to know how you got a hold of the paper though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    It was D
    Really!!??! Or are you being mean making me think that!??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sbarron)
    What? Lol no. I got that wrong in the exam. Steel was for mechanical strength.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    literally was D mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHR223)
    literally was D mate
    Haha pull the other one!!!
    If this is true I was right all along!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh bumda!! I meant C!! :,(

ReputationRep:
    Oh bumda!! I meant C!! :,(
    Oh, no

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got quite a lot of questions wrong that seem to be the easiest now!!! I was either overlooking them or read the question wrong... Eg potential instead of field strength !!!! Sooooo angry with myself!!!

ReputationRep:
    Here's Section A
    is it just me that everytime i click on section A it comes up with section B, dont know what ive done!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oonic0rn)
    is it just me that everytime i click on section A it comes up with section B, dont know what ive done!?
    You may be clicking on section B

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehrdad jafari)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no im definitely clicking on section A, i had it open, my computer rebooted (it randomly does it all the time) and then i clicked on section B, everytime i try to get up section A, its section B!!! think ive done something funny to dropbox....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehrdad jafari)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    any chance u could copy and paste the url to me..?? i jst looked there both the same no matter if i click on section A or B, really odd!!

ReputationRep:
    Here's Section A
    It's actually only showing Section B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt and Peppa)
    It's actually only showing Section B.
    Yeah, true! It's very strange

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone realistically think the grade boundaries are gonna be? same as last year or higher?? for all grades...

ReputationRep:
    Predicted grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    I know this is contrary to what everyone else has agreed, but the question asks what the effect of the ring is on the damping of the oscillations. Surely over the period of a complete oscillation, the total damping force would be the same regardless of the speed of the bob? I realise the rate of damping would be higher but I don't think that's what it's asking...? Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Why is damping reduced the metal ring does increase the surface area as yes the front of the ring covers up the surface area of the cone under it(so no increase there) but those who say that the surface area hasn't increased aren't accounting for the increase in surface area between the ring and the cone, draw it in 3D and you will see what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    ShutUpLegs has access in about an hour

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Why is damping reduced the metal ring does increase the surface area as yes the front of the ring covers up the surface area of the cone under it(so no increase there) but those who say that the surface area hasn't increased aren't accounting for the increase in surface area between the ring and the cone, draw it in 3D and you will see what I mean.
    omg.... may i ask what you did to get such bad rep ahhahah!?

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.