Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain 2ciii) to me please? I got a value of 1690Vm^-1, using the equation for a radial field. The field in question is definitely radial, so I don't understand why people who have got the 1560Vm^-1 value have got that using field strength for a uniform field?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salicional)
    Can someone explain 2ciii) to me please? I got a value of 1690Vm^-1, using the equation for a radial field. The field in question is definitely radial, so I don't understand why people who have got the 1560Vm^-1 value have got that using field strength for a uniform field?
    What value for Q did you use?

ReputationRep:
    would 50 be ever a B in this exam (grade boundary)?

ReputationRep:
    I think I messed up the MC pretty bad.. Got about 15/25 , so overall what would 50/75 be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RemainSilent)
    would 50 be ever a B in this exam (grade boundary)?
    If you look at the past paper boundaries in the first post, the B grade boundary has always been below 50, and it's unlikely to move enough to change that this year, so it should be

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. Will 65/75 be an A*? Thank you. I don't really know how hard this paper is compared to the past papers. What do you reckon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vincent Song)
    Hi guys. Will 65/75 be an A*? Thank you. I don't really know how hard this paper is compared to the past papers. What do you reckon?
    Yes, without a doubt I'd say so. The highest it's been for an A* was 61 last year and I'd be very shocked if they went up by 4 marks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_97)
    What value for Q did you use?
    30nC, because that was the value of the point charge

ReputationRep:
    30nC, because that was the value of the point charge
    The actual value of the point charge was 27.8 nC (calculated in the question which asked you to show the magnitude of Q was approximately 30 nC). The value 1560 V/m is obtained when 27.8 nC is used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_97)
    The actual value of the point charge was 27.8 nC (calculated in the question which asked you to show the magnitude of Q was approximately 30 nC). The value 1560 V/m is obtained when 27.8 nC is used.
    Ah, fair enough :/ do you think I'll get any working marks?

ReputationRep:
    I think you would still get the full marks as if when you couldn't find the charge in the first part of the question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll still get full marks! You've just used data from the question rather than your calculated value, which I'm sure many people will have done

ReputationRep:
    I am driving myself crazy thinking that I accidentally put Mass instead of Charge for Coulomb's Law. If I did would I lose both marks or would I still gain one for the inverse proportionality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DysonCube)
    I am driving myself crazy thinking that I accidentally put Mass instead of Charge for Coulomb's Law. If I did would I lose both marks or would I still gain one for the inverse proportionality?
    If you literally put m on the formula or when defining the law then unfortunately you would lose both marks as it would be classified as wrong physics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have pictures of the MC questions?
    that dropbox link loads up section B

ReputationRep:
    I think I really messed up the written paper I'm hoping my MC mark will bring up my grade but I'm not expecting any higher than 50/75 I'm really hoping got get about 80 ums but that's unlikely pretty sure grade boundaries gonna go up by like 3 per grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 221loki)
    I think I really messed up the written paper I'm hoping my MC mark will bring up my grade but I'm not expecting any higher than 50/75 I'm really hoping got get about 80 ums but that's unlikely pretty sure grade boundaries gonna go up by like 3 per grade
    Why would you say that? I wouldn't expect grade boundaries to move much at all to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmreCANifixit)
    Anyone have pictures of the MC questions?
    that dropbox link loads up section B
    Have you asked the uploader to see if he can upload it again?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is still struggling to access the papers then I have downloaded the original files uploaded.

I can't upload them to the first post due to file size limits but PM me your email and I can send them to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What! Where can I find either section B or A??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.