Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    What! Where can I find either section B or A??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ShutUpLegs uploaded it but there have been issues for some people accessing section A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 221loki)
    I think I really messed up the written paper I'm hoping my MC mark will bring up my grade but I'm not expecting any higher than 50/75 I'm really hoping got get about 80 ums but that's unlikely pretty sure grade boundaries gonna go up by like 3 per grade
    50 will definitely be a B so above 84 UMS (as last years was 48 for a B) at max one mark higher for a B but tbh I think 2 marks lower as I have asked many at my school and they said they have messed up at MC whereas me I did good in MC but messed up in written :/

ReputationRep:
    what are people's predictions for A*???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmp1188)
    what are people's predictions for A*???
    61/75 I reckon. With 67 for 120 UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Why would you say that? I wouldn't expect grade boundaries to move much at all to be honest.
    Apparently a lot of people found it easier than previous papers especially the MC, and the written paper didn't have as many long electromagnetism questions as in previous papers which is why previous papers are considered harder idk I'm really hoping it doesn't go up but I think it might

ReputationRep:
    Apparently a lot of people found it easier than previous papers especially the MC, and the written paper didn't have as many long electromagnetism questions as in previous papers which is why previous papers are considered harder idk I'm really hoping it doesn't go up but I think it might
    I don't think so - what I've seen mostly is that people found the multiple choice easier than last years (which was pretty hard) and the written paper harder, so it should balance out somewhere around the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RemainSilent)
    50 will definitely be a B so above 84 UMS (as last years was 48 for a B) at max one mark higher for a B but tbh I think 2 marks lower as I have asked many at my school and they said they have messed up at MC whereas me I did good in MC but messed up in written :/
    Oh okay I'm really hoping I scrape into a B even if it's literally bang on a B I need that to get into uni
    Yeah I thought the MC wasn't that bad compared to the written but people in my year thought it was just as hard as last years MC paper and usually I do better on written part bc MC past papers have been harder/tricker

ReputationRep:
    The written part seemed to be easily but it still can catch people out. For example for the mutual induction question the coil was connected to a DC supply so i strived hard not to mention anything about alternating magnetic field which was a shame to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    I don't think so - what I've seen mostly is that people found the multiple choice easier than last years (which was pretty hard) and the written paper harder, so it should balance out somewhere around the same?
    That sounds logical, I really hope so, just a little stressed about it, hoping phya5 will go better

ReputationRep:
    That sounds logical, I really hope so, just a little stressed about it, hoping phya5 will go better
    All you can do now is put it behind you and work hard towards unit five, then forget about everything until August

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
    The written part seemed to be easily but it still can catch people out. For example for the mutual induction question the coil was connected to a DC supply so i strived hard not to mention anything about alternating magnetic field which was a shame to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah and mark schemes are quite specific in the wording so I'm not sure I got more than 1 mark for that question, I struggle to phrase my answers correctly :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    All you can do now is put it behind you and work hard towards unit five, then forget about everything until August
    Yeah that's very true I'll try thanks I needed a little pep talk aha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's very true I'll try thanks I needed a little pep talk aha
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Good luck!
    Thank you! You too

ReputationRep:
    Work done(energy) can never be a negative value in the universe + I think they asked for the magnitude for the other one? So if you put no negative sign you will be fine honestly, the negative just shows direction

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Work done(energy) can never be a negative value in the universe + I think they asked for the magnitude for the other one? So if you put no negative sign you will be fine honestly, the negative just shows direction

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Honestly i didn't put any sign for that work done or the electric field but work done can be negative. I think the energy of the universe can never decrease

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess, but AQA can't go that far - Like for what we know we can't have negative energy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess, but AQA can't go that far - Like for what we know we can't have negative energy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's true, in physics we don't explicitly state the significance of the negative sign but in chemistry we do. The negative sign in terms of work done indicates the energy released and the positive sign the energy required. AQA examiners are not too concerned about them in the exams( at least at A2)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DysonCube)
    I am driving myself crazy thinking that I accidentally put Mass instead of Charge for Coulomb's Law. If I did would I lose both marks or would I still gain one for the inverse proportionality?
    Me too!! Haha :'/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
    Honestly i didn't put any sign for that work done or the electric field but work done can be negative. I think the energy of the universe can never decrease

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same I didn't put any negative signs too. Should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.