Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    Another question
    due to recent developments in solar panels and cells what would the recent technology development be in solar powered radios and why would this help?????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Is it true this paper's mark scheme will be "released" on 21st June? I heard the "10 day rule" appears to affect some but not all exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unfortunately it turns out to be that only the papers without the mark schemes are released. Examiners don't release the mark schemes until sometime after the results day so that students don't get on examiners by checking what they deserve to get rather than what grade they are given, i think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShutUpLegs)
    And here's Section B
    Have you got a copy of section A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
    Unfortunately it turns out to be that only the papers without the mark schemes are released. Examiners don't release the mark schemes until sometime after the results day so that students don't get on examiners by checking what they deserve to get rather than what grade they are given, i think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah that sucks. Back to unit 5 revision ::/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This paper was definitely harder than last years. I expect the grade boundaries to go down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reverse Swing)
    This paper was definitely harder than last years. I expect the grade boundaries to go down.
    You think? I'm hoping it's around 60 for a A* but who knows.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    You think? I'm hoping it's around 60 for a A* but who knows.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There were way too many written questions and very little calculations to do. And the calculations given weren't even easy to do, for example the last question on horizontal motion wasn't straightforward at all unless you do M2.

I personally think A* should be in the late 50s but its really difficult to say. Also the fact that there was an error in the question paper might lower the grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    There were way too many written questions and very little calculations to do. And the calculations given weren't even easy to do, for example the last question on horizontal motion wasn't straightforward at all unless you do M2.

I personally think A* should be in the late 50s but its really difficult to say. Also the fact that there was an error in the question paper might lower the grade boundaries.
    By last question do mean the six marker one or the one before that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Yeah, doing M2 helped a lot, although even with that I struggled to explain why it couldn't be horizontal and just said as the speed increases, the force required to keep it in a circle increases. Lol, I'm such a bad M2 student.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    By last question do mean the six marker one or the one before that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The calculations before the six marker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Yeah, doing M2 helped a lot, although even with that I struggled to explain why it couldn't be horizontal and just said as the speed increases, the force required to keep it in a circle increases. Lol, I'm such a bad M2 student.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's surely not worse than not knowing which law is which.

ReputationRep:
    That's surely not worse than not knowing which law is which.
    To be honest as long as you explained the laws I'm sure there's not much emphasis on labelling them first second and third!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the paper yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperMushroom)
    Anyone got the paper yet
    I have a copy of the PHYA4 paper but unfortunately not PHYA5. PM me your email address and I'll happily send it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I have a copy of the PHYA4 paper but unfortunately not PHYA5. PM me your email address and I'll happily send it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi,

I sent you a PM

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperMushroom)
    Hi,

I sent you a PM

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sent the papers this morning hope it helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Predicted grade boundary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simonli2575)
    Predicted grade boundary?
    my feeling is that the grade boundaries won't shift by more than 2 marks and i'm not being hopeful

ReputationRep:
    my feeling is that the grade boundaries won't shift by more than 2 marks and i'm not being hopeful
    Up or down
    And what do u reckon unit 5a boundaries will be

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king cobra)
    Up or down
    And what do u reckon unit 5a boundaries will be

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Either way. I would say the same for unit 5 though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.