Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Yeah I was gonna say! It sounds like it's better than if they were mixed in aha!

Yeah I appreicate that - I'm getting quite stressed at the minute - just putting all my time and effort into coursework and ensure thats over by Easter aha!

Oh nice! I don't have resits, but I'm sitting Core 3/4 for the first time - wasn't clever enough to sit it a year early
    It'll be nice to get to half term and know that the hardest two maths are out of the way!

Yeah coursework sounds pretty horrible :/

Considering the amount of people resitting one or both of them from our classes last year (and most people aren't just looking for 3 more UMS like me, they got Ds and below type thing) neither were half of us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    It'll be nice to get to half term and know that the hardest two maths are out of the way!

Yeah coursework sounds pretty horrible :/

Considering the amount of people resitting one or both of them from our classes last year (and most people aren't just looking for 3 more UMS like me, they got Ds and below type thing) neither were half of us!
    Oh I'm sure it'll feel good to have them done!

I do two coursework subjects out of the 4 overall. How stupid of me.
    Woah! That's insane! Well done to you though jajaj

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Oh I'm sure it'll feel good to have them done!

I do two coursework subjects out of the 4 overall. How stupid of me.
    Woah! That's insane! Well done to you though jajaj

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely!

Yeah I couldn't stand to do a single coursework subject, exams all the way for me! (EMPAs excepting :| ). Hopefully it all gets done fine soon though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Definitely!

Yeah I couldn't stand to do a single coursework subject, exams all the way for me! (EMPAs excepting :| ). Hopefully it all gets done fine soon though
    I wish I could say the same - I screw up EMPAs. Every other coursework is okay but time consuming!

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I wish I could say the same - I screw up EMPAs. Every other coursework is okay but time consuming!

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah EMPAs are my weak point - if I mess up somewhere it will be there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Yeah EMPAs are my weak point - if I mess up somewhere it will be there!
    I got 41 last year. Thinking about it now Id be ecstatic with anything higher having done one of the experiments. Got the second (and apparently harder) one tomorrow. I'll need all the luck I can get!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I got 41 last year. Thinking about it now Id be ecstatic with anything higher having done one of the experiments. Got the second (and apparently harder) one tomorrow. I'll need all the luck I can get!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oooh doesn't sound great then. Good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I don't understand why last year's EMPA was so much easier in comparison...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Thank you! I don't understand why last year's EMPA was so much easier in comparison...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess there's a big step up from AS to A2 EMPA? tbh I was kind of expecting it to be fairly similar this year... wish our teacher would hurry up and get onto the EMPA prep instead of wasting our time :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    I guess there's a big step up from AS to A2 EMPA? tbh I was kind of expecting it to be fairly similar this year... wish our teacher would hurry up and get onto the EMPA prep instead of wasting our time :|
    Oh I mean between this year and last year's A2 EMPA! We did last year's A2 EMPA as a mock (June 2014). It was a really nice paper! Nothing like it so far this year...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Oh I mean between this year and last year's A2 EMPA! We did last year's A2 EMPA as a mock (June 2014). It was a really nice paper! Nothing like it so far this year...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh that sucks :/ it's awful when you randomly get a harder year for something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Oh that sucks :/ it's awful when you randomly get a harder year for something!
    Yeah..praying for low boundaries!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Yeah..praying for low boundaries!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We've all got our fingers crossed for that I think! I'm so glad the EMPA doesn't count for as much as the exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    We've all got our fingers crossed for that I think! I'm so glad the EMPA doesn't count for as much as the exams.
    Ah just so glad the experiments are over! Last ever assessed science practical over!! Kinda emotional 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Ah just so glad the experiments are over! Last ever assessed science practical over!! Kinda emotional

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lucky you when I'm done I've still signed up for at least a few years of labs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Lucky you when I'm done I've still signed up for at least a few years of labs!
    Ah I'll still have lab work but I'm not sure you can call Computer Science quite the same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Ah I'll still have lab work but I'm not sure you can call Computer Science quite the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I suspect that might be a different sort of lab :P although I think for Physics I have to do some computer lab classes at some stage, programming in C++ or something usually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Yeah I suspect that might be a different sort of lab :P although I think for Physics I have to do some computer lab classes at some stage, programming in C++ or something usually.
    Woah that's so cool! Gotta love a bit of programming

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Woah that's so cool! Gotta love a bit of programming

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I've never done anything at all like it before, so I'll see how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Well I've never done anything at all like it before, so I'll see how it goes!
    It's pretty cool to create new things from scratch - one of the main reasons that I wanna do the subject at uni
    I can imagine a physics degree is harder though haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.