Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Sounds like a good plan! Lots of homework?

Just got back from work and I have so much to do today so hopefully this feeling of productivity sticks around! Got to have lunch, tidy/vacuum my room, have a shower, then get into some actual exams stuff. Hopefully one or two chemistry unit 4 papers (bit behind on my revision...) and an S2 paper at least.
    Yeah loads! I got back from work just now. I've got a party tonight so no revision will be done haha!

I aim to use all of tomorrow to powerhouse the coursework and homework.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Yeah loads! I got back from work just now. I've got a party tonight so no revision will be done haha!

I aim to use all of tomorrow to powerhouse the coursework and homework.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oooh, have fun though

Yeah unfortunately I don't usually get anything done on Sundays really. Might manage a maths paper or something hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Oooh, have fun though

Yeah unfortunately I don't usually get anything done on Sundays really. Might manage a maths paper or something hopefully!
    Haha, hopefully not I'm too hungover to finish all my work tomorrow!

Have faith! Easter Sunday means no work for me so I can hopefully be productive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Haha, hopefully not I'm too hungover to finish all my work tomorrow!

Have faith! Easter Sunday means no work for me so I can hopefully be productive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that would make coursework difficult

No actual work but we go to my grandparents for Sunday lunch every week so I never get anything done :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Haha thanks. How do you revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Writing notes from my notes,revision guide and text book so I've got a topic per page/2sides if it's a big topic them do past papers without notes and see where I go wrong then look at the notes then try the question again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Yeah that would make coursework difficult

No actual work but we go to my grandparents for Sunday lunch every week so I never get anything done :/
    Ah I hope I don't feel anything in the morning - didn't drink that much and I had tap water at the end to cool off so I'm sure I'll be fine :P

Ah, well enjoy lunch!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runningoutoftime)
    Writing notes from my notes,revision guide and text book so I've got a topic per page/2sides if it's a big topic them do past papers without notes and see where I go wrong then look at the notes then try the question again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds an effective method!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any of you guys done the practical eg Ph6???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Any of you guys done the practical eg Ph6???
    Are you referring to the ISA (6T) or EMPA (6X) scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Are you referring to the ISA (6T) or EMPA (6X) scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what's the difference. I think I did 6X last year but I'm being put down as 6T this year as im retaking it privately else where :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    what's the difference. I think I did 6X last year but I'm being put down as 6T this year as im retaking it privately else where :s
    Oh right! 6X is externally marked. The tasks are slightly different due to this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Oh right! 6X is externally marked. The tasks are slightly different due to this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    What do you mean?
    So the EMPA is marked by examiners but the isa is marked by your teachers/assessors. The practical tasks also differ slightly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    So the EMPA is marked by examiners but the isa is marked by your teachers/assessors. The practical tasks also differ slightly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I understand this part I just mean in what way are the tasks different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Yes I understand this part I just mean in what way are the tasks different?
    Well it's hard to say - they don't differ in difficulty but they're just slightly different tasks - might be on the same topic though, idk.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got any tips for the empa like what is an empa apart from it being externally marked? I've got mine soon and my teachers haven't explained anything about it I just want to know how it's set out and if it's similar to isa's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Ah I hope I don't feel anything in the morning - didn't drink that much and I had tap water at the end to cool off so I'm sure I'll be fine :P

Ah, well enjoy lunch!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did it go alright in the end?

Well they last minute decided I should invite Ed (the guy I've been seeing)... but yeah it was alright! And I have easter eggs

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

You can find topic by topic questions here on Unit 4.

Hope you find them useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mai.H)
    has anyone got any tips for the empa like what is an empa apart from it being externally marked? I've got mine soon and my teachers haven't explained anything about it I just want to know how it's set out and if it's similar to isa's?
    It's a means of assessing your practical skills, with section A being split into two tasks (experiments). One usually containing an experiment that requires a graph being drawn and another where theory questions are asked. You are returned to the task you drew the graph for in section B, where you answer theory questions based on both practicals and analyse each experiment.

See the first post of either the PHYA4 or PHYA5 thread for comprehensive notes on the A2 EMPA, compiled by Lau14.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Did it go alright in the end?

Well they last minute decided I should invite Ed (the guy I've been seeing)... but yeah it was alright! And I have easter eggs
    Yeah it went really well thanks had a good time.

Oh nice! That must have made it better surely?

Ah, I dont :/ but I'm working tomorrow and I've found out today its double pay so I don't mind too much any more haha!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.