Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)

That's so lucky! True, I will prioritise that from now on... just got back from work and gonna revise for the rest of the day
    Good luck! I have done absolutely nothing so far today other than going to work (so much for finishing my homework!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Good luck! I have done absolutely nothing so far today other than going to work (so much for finishing my homework!)
    Ah I had work 9-1 :/ not done much since! Started some history revision cards but I lack motivation today when the weathers so nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Ah I had work 9-1 :/ not done much since! Started some history revision cards but I lack motivation today when the weathers so nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    8-12:30 today (finished on time two days in a row, I'm still in shock). Yep I still haven't done anything... I'm not even outside enjoying the weather or anything I just can't be bothered today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    8-12:30 today (finished on time two days in a row, I'm still in shock). Yep I still haven't done anything... I'm not even outside enjoying the weather or anything I just can't be bothered today!
    Haha! I'm like that today too. Me and my friend just spent 40 minutes trying to do a Core 4 vectors question. It's not a good day...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Haha! I'm like that today too. Me and my friend just spent 40 minutes trying to do a Core 4 vectors question. It's not a good day...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahhh core 4 vectors seem so easy looking back (comes up in FP4) but I remember doing it last year and getting so confused over things that weren't even that complicated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Ahhh core 4 vectors seem so easy looking back (comes up in FP4) but I remember doing it last year and getting so confused over things that weren't even that complicated!
    Thanks, you're not making me feel any better 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Thanks, you're not making me feel any better

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry it comes with practice, there's just so many different things to do with vectors :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Sorry it comes with practice, there's just so many different things to do with vectors :/
    I think that's my issue - the rest of the course is very regimental in terms of method. Vectors are to an extent, but the last sub question always seems to have several valid methods, with different ones being quicker each time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I think that's my issue - the rest of the course is very regimental in terms of method. Vectors are to an extent, but the last sub question always seems to have several valid methods, with different ones being quicker each time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, it can be pretty difficult to tell which method you're supposed to be using, particularly in longer questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Yeah, it can be pretty difficult to tell which method you're supposed to be using, particularly in longer questions!
    True!
    May I ask, did you take your notes from the CGP guide?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    True!
    May I ask, did you take your notes from the CGP guide?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The physics notes? They're a mix, mostly stuff from my class notes and using the CGP revision guide to fill bits in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    The physics notes? They're a mix, mostly stuff from my class notes and using the CGP revision guide to fill bits in.
    Oh brilliant, thank you I'm gonna try and finalise my notes within the next few weeks (after we finish astro) before uploading them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Right guys, to those of you on the Unit 5 thread I have asked everyone to come up with memory joggers to help us remember stuff, they can be pneumonics, rhymes etc. We should have the same over here. Get 'em posted!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRAG)
    Right guys, to those of you on the Unit 5 thread I have asked everyone to come up with memory joggers to help us remember stuff, they can be pneumonics, rhymes etc. We should have the same over here. Get 'em posted!!
    I'm guessing Flemings left and right hand rule doesn't count

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I'm guessing Flemings left and right hand rule doesn't count

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ugh, the bane of my A level Physics career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I don't know how I manage. To be honest, I haven't come out with good grades yet, so I might not be! haha!

Thank you, and you with your ISA.

Hope so! I'll do my best. Made a timetable that fits around college and my job - gonna have to stick to it!

I wouldn't put it past AQA though...
    Aha but you smashed your AS levels so you shouldn't worry about it, I'm sure you'll do even better this year!

Thanks.

Ugh timetables, can't do with them. I find it difficult to stick to them because you never know what can pop up when. I just make a mental note of the revision I have to get done that day and I just do it, even if it's after midnight

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l1lvink)
    Ugh, the bane of my A level Physics career.
    Hahaha. How come?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saad97)
    Aha but you smashed your AS levels so you shouldn't worry about it, I'm sure you'll do even better this year!

Thanks.

Ugh timetables, can't do with them. I find it difficult to stick to them because you never know what can pop up when. I just make a mental note of the revision I have to get done that day and I just do it, even if it's after midnight

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah I can't be complacent though - i don't feel anywhere as comfortable as I did last year, this year!

Good point. Life throws stuff up. I just like to have a general idea of what I should be focusing on each day aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Ah I can't be complacent though - i don't feel anywhere as comfortable as I did last year, this year!

Good point. Life throws stuff up. I just like to have a general idea of what I should be focusing on each day aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's the same with me, even though I'm putting double the amount of work in compared to last year I still feel like I know nothing!
    What topics do you find the most difficult in PHY4?

Yeah it's a good idea if you know you're going to follow the routine but people work best in different ways I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saad97)
    That's the same with me, even though I'm putting double the amount of work in compared to last year I still feel like I know nothing!
    What topics do you find the most difficult in PHY4?

Yeah it's a good idea if you know you're going to follow the routine but people work best in different ways I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    See I'm putting half as much effort in which is why it makes sense I should be panicking right about now haha!

Definitely, without a shadow of a doubt, electromagnetism!

True! I schedule too many breaks haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.