The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Oh, I see. Thanks. You're so helpful.👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ah thank you!Can I just clarify something though, I accidentally said "The centripetal force IS the resistive force" when I meant "The centripetal force IS the resultant force"Regarding the question, if the contact force acts upwards and weight acts downwards, and the centre of the "circle" is below the van, then:mv^2/r = mg-RSo yeah, R = mg - mv^2/rPosted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much buddy. Just seen your PHYA4 notes aswell (amazing) and wondered if you had similar ones for PHYA5 section A?
Got my mock EMPA back today! Very shocked, got 21/28 (we only did one task and two questions from the written part) and it was 70% for an A* last year :biggrin:
Reply 1103
Original post by Samphosrattana
Oh, I see. Thanks. You're so helpful.👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw, that means a lot thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1104
Original post by Jed-Singh
Thanks so much buddy. Just seen your PHYA4 notes aswell (amazing) and wondered if you had similar ones for PHYA5 section A?

No worries!

I've posted PHYA5 notes for the thermal and nuclear chapters which are in the first post of the PHYA5 thread (which is accessible on the first post of this thread).

I intend on posting some "extra" notes for astro, as and when I can get around to making them, as I still have the Doppler effect onwards to cover in lesson :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1105
Original post by Lau14
Got my mock EMPA back today! Very shocked, got 21/28 (we only did one task and two questions from the written part) and it was 70% for an A* last year :biggrin:

Woah well done! That's insane! I can't even remember what I got for my mock but no way was it that high!

Good luck for the real thing. Do you think purely revising from the textbook and your excellent notes will be enough, or shall I attempt past papers?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Woah well done! That's insane! I can't even remember what I got for my mock but no way was it that high!

Good luck for the real thing. Do you think purely revising from the textbook and your excellent notes will be enough, or shall I attempt past papers?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also beat Adam (he's in all my classes) by one mark so that's a nice bonus because it frustrates him bless :biggrin:

Thanks, you too! (not long now eep). For the EMPA? I'd say at least reading through past papers and markschemes to get familiar with the weird things they ask and the ridiculous amounts of stuff you usually have to do for each mark is a good idea even if you don't actually do them, and the written part doesn't really take very long anyway. We were told if we took less than half an hour on the mock we probably didn't do very well... I finished in around 20 minutes and at the 30 minute mark half of the class got up and left :P
Reply 1107
Original post by Lau14
I also beat Adam (he's in all my classes) by one mark so that's a nice bonus because it frustrates him bless :biggrin:

Thanks, you too! (not long now eep). For the EMPA? I'd say at least reading through past papers and markschemes to get familiar with the weird things they ask and the ridiculous amounts of stuff you usually have to do for each mark is a good idea even if you don't actually do them, and the written part doesn't really take very long anyway. We were told if we took less than half an hour on the mock we probably didn't do very well... I finished in around 20 minutes and at the 30 minute mark half of the class got up and left :P

Oh right thanks for the tips! I'll make sure I take longer than 30 mins in 11 days time :wink:
Original post by CD223
Oh right thanks for the tips! I'll make sure I take longer than 30 mins in 11 days time :wink:

Yeah I think in the actual thing I'll take much longer (we only did two questions instead of three yesterday for a start!), have to write neat as well and that takes a bit longer :/
Reply 1109
Original post by Lau14
Yeah I think in the actual thing I'll take much longer (we only did two questions instead of three yesterday for a start!), have to write neat as well and that takes a bit longer :/

Aha, I never seem to be able to write neat and get it all down.

Do EMPA questions tend to repeat themselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1110
Has Anyone got Answers for June 14 Multiple choice Unit 4 ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CD223
Aha, I never seem to be able to write neat and get it all down.

Do EMPA questions tend to repeat themselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, it's neater rather than neat I suppose :tongue:

I don't really know, but I don't think they do so much? They seem to like pulling out strange things on the EMPA.
Reply 1115
Original post by sykik
Lol I wanted Answers for it

Yeah, no worries. The answers are there too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1116
Original post by Lau14
Well, it's neater rather than neat I suppose :tongue:

I don't really know, but I don't think they do so much? They seem to like pulling out strange things on the EMPA.

I hate them. It feels awful that my first "exam" is virtually a week away and I've done no prep haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1117
I have tips on pretty much any other isa if anyone has any tips on the A2 capacitance Physics isa, i would greatly appreciate any help! (pm me)
Reply 1118
Original post by KumarS
I have tips on pretty much any other isa if anyone has any tips on the A2 capacitance Physics isa, i would greatly appreciate any help! (pm me)

Please don't discuss specifics regarding the ISA or EMPA. It's not doing yourself or others any favours by doing so - the exam boards are wise to this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anybody done the specimen paper for this unit? We were looking at it in class, didn't really understand parts of the SHM question. If nobody has done it, how would you work out the phase difference of two oscillating systems with their frequencies?

One was 0.2Hz and the other was 1.5Hz, and they were in phase. And when one was 10Hz and the other was 1.5Hz they were 180 out of phase. I didn't understand why. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending