Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I've not which is why I originally flagged it up as there aren't any model exam answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So annoying, no one in my class today knew what it was, and they didn't seem too worried so I guess it's a concept which is tested as part of mag fields without them telling you specifically that they're testing it, if that makes sense. Idk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeithHayward)
    So annoying, no one in my class today knew what it was, and they didn't seem too worried so I guess it's a concept which is tested as part of mag fields without them telling you specifically that they're testing it, if that makes sense. Idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah no one in my class was even taught it !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Yeah no one in my class was even taught it !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How are you going about revising now? Just past papers or still making some notes along side doing papers?

ReputationRep:
    How are you going about revising now? Just past papers or still making some notes along side doing papers?
    I'm not doing past papers yet - saving them for Feb half term. Just going through books! And stuff on Kerboodle. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    I'm not doing past papers yet - saving them for Feb half term. Just going through books! And stuff on Kerboodle. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm doing the same really, a few past papers thrown in here and there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the same really, a few past papers thrown in here and there.
    Ah right, sounds like a good tactic given the lack of breadth of past papers to do, unlike with maths haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Ah right, sounds like a good tactic given the lack of breadth of past papers to do, unlike with maths haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For M2 theres so many to do. Our physics teacher has started to come up with his own questions so hopefully that should help

ReputationRep:
    For M2 theres so many to do. Our physics teacher has started to come up with his own questions so hopefully that should help
    Haven't even stared M2 papers! Got a thread for it though if you're interested? (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3047357)

Aha let us know if there's any good ones!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Haven't even stared M2 papers! Got a thread for it though if you're interested? (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3047357)

Aha let us know if there's any good ones!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Watching I will

ReputationRep:
    Watching I will
    Nice! Do you find the PHYA4 further mechanics section or M2 harder?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Nice! Do you find the PHYA4 further mechanics section or M2 harder?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    M2 is easily harder. PHYA4 mechanics is the nicest part of the A2 syllabus if you do M2, since you double learn most things e.g. momentum

ReputationRep:
    M2 is easily harder. PHYA4 mechanics is the nicest part of the A2 syllabus if you do M2, since you double learn most things e.g. momentum
    Ah it's good that you still double learn things like with AS Physics and M1!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Ah it's good that you still double learn things like with AS Physics and M1!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We did statistics 1 and 2 last year for applied and are doing m1,m2 this year. So since I only picked up AS and A2 physics in september everything to do with mechanics is brand new to me so annoying :mad:

ReputationRep:
    We did statistics 1 and 2 last year for applied and are doing m1,m2 this year. So since I only picked up AS and A2 physics in september everything to do with mechanics is brand new to me so annoying :mad:
    Oh wow! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me any advice about how not to get wrecked by unit 6?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FN510)
    Can anyone give me any advice about how not to get wrecked by unit 6?
    Are you doing the EMPA or ISA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Are you doing the EMPA or ISA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ISA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FN510)
    ISA
    Ah right! I'm doing EMPA. It's my worst module. I did unit 3X EMPA last year and got a C :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Ah right! I'm doing EMPA. It's my worst module. I did unit 3X EMPA last year and got a C :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, the practical exams are a real b***h! Luckily, and I think this is why we do the ISA, we get two goes. Last year I got an D in the first one and an A in the second!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FN510)
    Yeah, the practical exams are a real b***h! Luckily, and I think this is why we do the ISA, we get two goes. Last year I got an D in the first one and an A in the second!
    I wish we had two goes...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.